Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2013 Sport-Touring Shootout 1.0 - Video (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20789-2013-sport-touring-shootout-1-0-video.html)

Kevin_Duke 02-26-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_man (Post 280403)
Best weather protection, handling, comfort/ergos, mileage and range. That makes the Honda ST1300 the winner in my book.

And that's perfectly understandable. However, the Honda finished last in our Grin Factor category, and that's an important aspect of a bike to many riders. It would be interesting to hear your comments if you had a chance to take a new FJR out for a long ride.

dan_man 02-27-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 280411)
And that's perfectly understandable. However, the Honda finished last in our Grin Factor category, and that's an important aspect of a bike to many riders. It would be interesting to hear your comments if you had a chance to take a new FJR out for a long ride.

Your priorities change when you get older. Grin factor might make the FJR and C14 better sportbikes, but touring for most means lots of interstate miles and the better weather protection, handling, comfort/ergos, mileage and range, in addition to a smoother motor on the highway than the FJR, make the ST1300 a more touring focused bike and therefore in my opinion a better tourer.

dan_man 02-27-2013 01:11 AM

How the heck do you delete a post on here?

Kevin_Duke 02-27-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_man (Post 280422)
Your priorities change when you get older. Grin factor might make the FJR and C14 better sportbikes, but touring for most means lots of interstate miles and the better weather protection, handling, comfort/ergos, mileage and range, in addition to a smoother motor on the highway than the FJR, make the ST1300 a more touring focused bike and therefore in my opinion a better tourer.

Yep, I think we can all agree the ST is the better tourer of this group. Whether it's the best sport-tourer depends on how one intends to use it. :)

The_AirHawk 02-27-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 280434)
Yep, I think we can all agree the ST is the better tourer of this group. Whether it's the best sport-tourer depends on how one intends to use it. :)

K-Duke isn't yet what we refer to as an "Old Man on a 'Wing". Yet.

But his day is coming - Oh, yes......

>rubs hands together with glee whilst cackling maniacally<

seruzawa 02-27-2013 06:49 PM

While the ST is certainly a nice bike it's kind of dumb to call it a sport tourer. No +700lb bike is.

Kevin_Duke 02-27-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 280442)
K-Duke isn't yet what we refer to as an "Old Man on a 'Wing". Yet.

But his day is coming - Oh, yes......

>rubs hands together with glee whilst cackling maniacally<

Well, thank god that day hasn't yet come! I find acting like a teenager helps keep me young. ;)

Kevin_Duke 02-27-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 280447)
Well, thank god that day hasn't yet come!

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

dan_man 11-12-2013 10:40 PM

Confused
 
The ST1300 had better comfort, weather protection, mileage, range, and to top it off, handling. So what exactly did the FJR1300 do better? go faster in a straight line?

motobriiz 11-19-2013 05:21 AM

For me it would be the FJR. Honda really needs updating and just don't like the looks of the Concours. Pretty good review.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.