Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 01-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #21
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
W could come up with some kind of even and odd day schedule. Like we do with the puffy hat.

Yeah, it's not out of the question......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #22
yarongev
Registered Member

Default missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
The R1200RT is looking better and better.
I also feel that the bimmer is missing in the review.
love reading your articles, thank you.
yaron

:bmw:R1150RT sold
bmw R1200RT 2010
yarongev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #23
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarongev View Post
I also feel that the bimmer is missing in the review.
love reading your articles, thank you.
yaron
They are planning a shoot out to include the BMW the Trophy and the FJR. It should be a good one. MO excels at all things.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #24
yarongev
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacamano View Post
Can anyone who's ridden these compare them to the BMW R1200 RT?
3 months ago I'v been in europe for 2500 km trip on the ST.
I am riding R1200RT for two years now (after many years on R1150RT), and can compare the two.
the ST feels havier, and lack the stability in high speeds.
it is smoother then the bimmer due to 4 cylinder engine Vs a boxer.
it does not vibrate as much (I don't mind).
I did'nt like the sound of it (like a sawing machine).
good mpg.
good cornering (depends on the driver).
no heating in hands or seat.
good trunk and gloves compartment ( one is lockable).
all in all, the best comparison was when I came back from the trip and got back on my bike...
if you have a spesific question, please feel free to ask.
the bimmer is a better package IMO.
yaron

:bmw:R1150RT sold
bmw R1200RT 2010

Last edited by yarongev : 01-25-2013 at 01:26 PM.
yarongev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #25
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
If you guys had the cajones of the Euro-Moto-Journos, you'd ride each bike off a 15' seawall and drop them on a concrete dock. And, you could test rider gear like armored jackets and padded pants by crash landing in a sailboat penispit as each the bike hit the dock.
One thing I always worry about with saddlebags is the width. You can forget they're back there when you're trying to squeeze in somewhere. The European concrete-post-clearance test is invaluable for that, and MO should be embarrassed at this massive void in their testing protocol.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #26
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
One thing I always worry about with saddlebags is the width. You can forget they're back there when you're trying to squeeze in somewhere. The European concrete-post-clearance test is invaluable for that, and MO should be embarrassed at this massive void in their testing protocol.
The extra width of bags is easy enough to deal with after a bit of time. As for the "test" you refer to, we are already quite certain of the results.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #27
commsoft
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
The extra width of bags is easy enough to deal with after a bit of time. As for the "test" you refer to, we are already quite certain of the results.
I've been street riding for over 20 years and while I never had a mishap, I still never got over the nervousness about bumping someone with my saddlebags while riding.

I recently swapped my Sprint ST for a BMW C650GT in part for this reason (though the increased comfort was also a big factor here) - with the top case, the scooter form factor affords almost 100 liters of storage without that width in the rear. It makes it easier and more comfortable to lane split, to park in the city, etc., without even considering the "throwing your ass into the canal" factor.

You give up some engine size for that of course, but 60hp is more than enough for comfortable speed on most any road in the US (it accelerates fast enough to easily outrun most from a stop light and will do 90 comfortably for those L.A. freeways). schizuki, you might want to give a maxi-scooter a try!
commsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:33 PM   #28
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by commsoft View Post
I've been street riding for over 20 years and while I never had a mishap, I still never got over the nervousness about bumping someone with my saddlebags while riding.

I recently swapped my Sprint ST for a BMW C650GT in part for this reason (though the increased comfort was also a big factor here) - with the top case, the scooter form factor affords almost 100 liters of storage without that width in the rear. It makes it easier and more comfortable to lane split, to park in the city, etc., without even considering the "throwing your ass into the canal" factor.

You give up some engine size for that of course, but 60hp is more than enough for comfortable speed on most any road in the US (it accelerates fast enough to easily outrun most from a stop light and will do 90 comfortably for those L.A. freeways). schizuki, you might want to give a maxi-scooter a try!
That's a good point because when I visit L.A. with my Tiger I remove the sidecases when I'm planning to lane split. They just stick out too far. And the bike's so damm tall that they are perfect for clipping mirrors.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:09 PM   #29
dan_man
Premium Member

Best weather protection, handling, comfort/ergos, mileage and range. That makes the Honda ST1300 the winner in my book. The ST1300 seems to be downgraded for nothing more than it's weight. Having toured for 10 years on a VFR800 and fearing for my life more than once in the seemingly ever present cross winds of eastern Washington state, I much prefer the stability that the weight of my ST1300 gives me now. I also use GIVI's largest top case and haven't had any stability issues with the ST1300.
dan_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #30
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

If it's road holding weight you're after there's only one clear choice.......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote