Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Middleweight Multi-tool Shootout: 2012 Honda NC700X vs. Kawasaki Versys - Video (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20781-middleweight-multi-tool-shootout-2012-honda-nc700x-vs-kawasaki-versys-video.html)

Administrator 01-16-2013 10:29 AM

Middleweight Multi-tool Shootout: 2012 Honda NC700X vs. Kawasaki Versys - Video

Original Article:
Middleweight Multi-tool Shootout: 2012 Honda NC700X vs. Kawasaki Versys - Video

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Middleweight Multi-tool Shootout: 2012 Honda NC700X vs. Kawasaki Versys - Video in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

bmwclay 01-16-2013 12:17 PM

Comparo

I want to hear more about how the Triumph fits in with the other two!

jmdonald 01-16-2013 12:36 PM

Commuter-centric

I really like both these bikes. As a commuter the Honda gets my vote but would like it more if the brakes were a little better. The storage and torque along with that reasonable cost make it a fine choice for reasonable distance commutes. The Kawi depending on your focus also has a lot to offer. The more I look at Kawasaki the more I am impressed by them.

Kevin_Duke 01-16-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwclay (Post 279626)
I want to hear more about how the Triumph fits in with the other two!

Triumph...?

seruzawa 01-16-2013 06:02 PM

I looked at it carefully.... performance, options, versatility and my choice is the Tiger800.

Kevin_Duke 01-16-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 279636)
I looked at it carefully.... performance, options, versatility and my choice is the Tiger800.

At $11K, it competes in a different league...

Duken4evr 01-16-2013 07:43 PM

The NC is an interesting bike with unique qualities. It appeals for the same reason a maxi scooter appeals - an easy to keep and ride nature, cheap to run, greater than a standard motorcycle storage capacity.

Could be the NC is the motorcycle for motorcyclists thinking about a scooter but unwilling to make that leap. Viewed in that way, the NC makes a lot of sense. My biggest hangup with scooters is I wanna shift gears. The NC basically has a maxi scooter powerplant with a manual trans. The NC would appeal greatly for the last riding chapter of life. For sure sign me up for one when I am an old fart. Perhaps I will prematurely wise up and fully appreciate it's virtues before then. I doubt it though :)

sliphorn 01-16-2013 10:00 PM

Hey Kevin, it sure looks like you're donning a JR Hemp Jacket. I've got the same one and love it.

How do you like yours?

The Spaceman 01-17-2013 06:20 AM

The local dealer has an NCX on the floor. Overall it's a nice looking bike, but where did they get those pipe-cleaner handlebars? My bicycle has better bars...

The bike also made the cover of the Men's Journal 2013 "Gear" issue. They called it "turbocharged." Sheese.

Kevin_Duke 01-17-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliphorn (Post 279641)
Hey Kevin, it sure looks like you're donning a JR Hemp Jacket. I've got the same one and love it.

How do you like yours?

Yep, you called it. I like it quite a bit, but I'd prefer to be in leather if I'm sliding down the road. A good city/commuter jacket that's easy to live with and wear even when not riding.