Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Inside Deus ex Machina (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20770-inside-deus-ex-machina.html)

Administrator 01-07-2013 12:27 PM

Inside Deus ex Machina

Original Article:
Inside Deus ex Machina

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Inside Deus ex Machina in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

sliphorn 01-08-2013 10:07 AM

I like what they've done with various W650's.

jmdonald 01-08-2013 12:37 PM

Creating an environment

It is human nature to want or create an environment that reflects their interests. Great environments tend to develop over time. If not they always seem to have the air of contrivance. Maybe it will become a bikers Mecca in another 25 years or so. I can't help but like the idea regardless. The boutique descriptive makes it sound a little faggy if you ask me.

Kevin_Duke 01-08-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdonald (Post 279481)
It is human nature to want or create an environment that reflects their interests. Great environments tend to develop over time. If not they always seem to have the air of contrivance. Maybe it will become a bikers Mecca in another 25 years or so. I can't help but like the idea regardless. The boutique descriptive makes it sound a little faggy if you ask me.

It's truly a cool place. I got to visit it during a follow-up report on the facility/business we'll be publishing in a couple of weeks. A wide variety of interesting items on display or for sale, plus an on-premises cafe that brews up a great cuppa expresso.

Duken4evr 01-15-2013 06:48 PM

Vintage bikes and audio, live music, food and beer. Sounds good to me!

Buzglyd 01-15-2013 08:05 PM

The girl and I want to ride up.

It's right near our old hometowns. (me Santa Monica, her Hawthorne)

seruzawa 01-15-2013 08:06 PM

The problem with cool places is that they get discovered by the "cool" crowd. Then they ruin it. Park City is a good example. Jackson Hole. The Rock Store.

The squidlies and rubbies will ruin this too now that it's being revealed broadly.

Duken4evr 01-16-2013 06:43 AM

Good point. If I want to show up, it is over, as I am decidedly uncool!

Still love those 70's era MacIntosh amplifiers shown in the photo though, with their blue VU meters...

sarnali2 01-16-2013 04:38 PM

I have an original copy of Master of Reality too, and I have no hair AND a faggy little goatee, AND when I was in High School I cafe`d my dads Bultaco Matador and rode it to school... I'm so flippin cool my piss freezes

I should swing by and show them how it's done.....

The Spaceman 01-17-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 279484)
It's truly a cool place... A wide variety of interesting items on display...

Are there hyper-pale skinned women with straight black hair, Wayfarers, black jeans and tall black boots hanging around? You know, the ones with the surly look that says "don't even think about checking out my side-boob or I'll kick your ass" while they carefully pose to expose the maximum side-boob.

It seems like that sorta place.