Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   The 10 Hottest Bikes of 2013 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20757-10-hottest-bikes-2013-a.html)

Administrator 01-02-2013 02:14 PM

The 10 Hottest Bikes of 2013

Original Article:
The 10 Hottest Bikes of 2013

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article The 10 Hottest Bikes of 2013 in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

jmdonald 01-02-2013 02:25 PM

Very Interesting

Should be an interesting 2013. Middleweights seem to take the day. That Vespa is gorgeous.

The Spaceman 01-03-2013 05:41 AM

It really is an amazing time to be into motorcycles. The variety, capabilities, and prices are astonishing.

The CB500 lineup is getting it's fair share of press, but has anyone in the US actually ridden them yet? They look good on paper, but I have to wonder if the hardware will match the marketware.

sarnali2 01-03-2013 07:45 AM

Ho-Hum... The new Trophy's pretty cool as is the 1200 Explorer and the Scrambler of course...

Must be getting old and narrow-minded here, but none of the above mentioned Hottest really float my boat.

jonnychampagne 01-03-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 279374)
...The CB500 lineup is getting it's fair share of press, but has anyone in the US actually ridden them yet? ...

Not yet, Spaceman; Honda says the press test is coming up soon. Stay tuned ...
Jonny

pdad13 01-03-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 279378)
Ho-Hum... The new Trophy's pretty cool as is the 1200 Explorer and the Scrambler of course...

Must be getting old and narrow-minded here, but none of the above mentioned Hottest really float my boat.

Maybe next year. There are very early rumors (and I stress, rumors) of a completely revamped Speed Triple, including a bigger engine based on the one in the Tiger Explorer/Trophy.

Would that put some lift in your dinghy?

Seems a little early for a remodel, but maybe Triumph is feeling a bit of pressure in that segment.

I really like the Brutale 800 but am terrified of MV's quality control. Maybe they've gotten most of the bugs from the F3/B3 worked out now. We'll see.

The Rivale? Eh, not so much.

Strangely, I don't feel much for new/prototype KTM Super Duke, either.

Being the owner of a 1st generation Daytona 675 (which I love still), I can't help but be excited by the press that the 2013 R has gotten. Knowing how good mine is, I can't imagine how good that one feels. Very tempting.

A middle-ish-weight Panagale would be interesting, although I don't know if I'd buy one. Could happen mid-year or next.

Shame no one is introducing a true 1000cc-or-less sport-tourer except BMW. I can't warm up to the F800GT. Maybe when I see it at IMS. I'm not a fan of the Sprint GT, which leaves me with...a VFR?

rfox 01-03-2013 04:43 PM

Awesome shot of the Guzzi...did you air-bush out the sparks? Or is the kickstand and bracket plastic?
I'm old and narrow minded, but the Guzzi would float my boat! Interesting, it's the only touring bike or cruiser in the top 10. I'm not counting the GS; even though it got a pic at a Calif. zoo, with giraffes, it still, looks bag-less to me....

schizuki 01-03-2013 05:02 PM

I'd be far more excited about Third World bikes. I like light, simple, cheap and reliable. How about an air-cooled 450 from Honda for ten bucks a cc?

reg26 01-03-2013 05:26 PM

Surprised there was no mention of the new Honda F6B. I think thats gonna be a big seller for them. Especially if the aftermarket develops some cool stuff for it

seruzawa 01-03-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdad13 (Post 279386)
Maybe next year. There are very early rumors (and I stress, rumors) of a completely revamped Speed Triple, including a bigger engine based on the one in the Tiger Explorer/Trophy.

Would that put some lift in your dinghy?

Seems a little early for a remodel, but maybe Triumph is feeling a bit of pressure in that segment.

I really like the Brutale 800 but am terrified of MV's quality control. Maybe they've gotten most of the bugs from the F3/B3 worked out now. We'll see.

The Rivale? Eh, not so much.

Strangely, I don't feel much for new/prototype KTM Super Duke, either.

Being the owner of a 1st generation Daytona 675 (which I love still), I can't help but be excited by the press that the 2013 R has gotten. Knowing how good mine is, I can't imagine how good that one feels. Very tempting.

A middle-ish-weight Panagale would be interesting, although I don't know if I'd buy one. Could happen mid-year or next.

Shame no one is introducing a true 1000cc-or-less sport-tourer except BMW. I can't warm up to the F800GT. Maybe when I see it at IMS. I'm not a fan of the Sprint GT, which leaves me with...a VFR?

Seems to me that a 1200cc Speed Triple wouldn't need a front wheel at all.