Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2013 Honda CRF250L vs. 2013 Kawasaki KLX250S - Video

Original Article:
2013 Honda CRF250L vs. 2013 Kawasaki KLX250S - Video

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2013 Honda CRF250L vs. 2013 Kawasaki KLX250S - Video in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
SpeedwayRN
Founding Member

KLX300S anyone? Use the FI Ninja 300 mill.... now that would be interesting to compare to the Honda....
SpeedwayRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
fastnlight
Founding Member

Default Xt250?

Yamaha did add fuel injection to the XT for 2013 so It was not unchanged and would likely have looked a bit better against the hard starting KLX than the 2008 model you are referencing. Do your research...
fastnlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #4
bbtowns
Founding Member

Default Weight

I'd have to see how hard to start that KLX really is, 20 lbs of weight is huge on a trail. The fork occassionally bottoming out on the Honda can't be ignored either, though one could always try some heavier fork springs and hope the non-adjustable suspension still works as well. Information as to the size of the gas tanks and or fuel efficiency would be helpful, since that is often the limiting factor in riding these bikes to a trail then riding offroad.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I like the Honda.

The passenger grab strap beneath your bum wouldn't be so bad if your passenger was Anne Hathaway!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #6
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastnlight View Post
Yamaha did add fuel injection to the XT for 2013 so It was not unchanged and would likely have looked a bit better against the hard starting KLX than the 2008 model you are referencing. Do your research...
Good point! We forgot about the EFI update to the XT. It should've been in our shootout. I'd expect beneficial improvements in its throttle response.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
Pete_Brissette
My member is not Junior!

Default Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtowns View Post
I'd have to see how hard to start that KLX really is, 20 lbs of weight is huge on a trail. The fork occassionally bottoming out on the Honda can't be ignored either, though one could always try some heavier fork springs and hope the non-adjustable suspension still works as well. Information as to the size of the gas tanks and or fuel efficiency would be helpful, since that is often the limiting factor in riding these bikes to a trail then riding offroad.

A minor miss: the specs chart was inadvertently left out when the article published. Full specs are on Page 4.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #8
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Bikes like this are best if they are as undemanding and jump on it and go as possible. The FI equipped Honda has a big advantage in that respect.

The Kaw could ultimately be a cooler bike with a jet kit and exhaust, as it has better suspension, but nobody is really going to get too carried away modding a 250cc Japanese dual sport.

Nice to see the modernized Honda not costing more than the old tech 230. That is a real feat.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #9
2veedubs
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
Bikes like this are best if they are as undemanding and jump on it and go as possible. The FI equipped Honda has a big advantage in that respect.

The Kaw could ultimately be a cooler bike with a jet kit and exhaust, as it has better suspension, but nobody is really going to get too carried away modding a 250cc Japanese dual sport.

Nice to see the modernized Honda not costing more than the old tech 230. That is a real feat.
You would be surprised how many people get carried away with modding the KLX250s. There is a very active forum for the KLX and alot of tried and true power ups. Jet kit and exhaust transform the power of the bike. There are also 331/340/351cc big bore kits for around $500. I have to say the honda is a nice bike.
2veedubs is offline   Reply With Quote