Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #41
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdad13 View Post
Touche, Kevin. But I think most of us will be waiting a while longer.
And that's where 99% of potential consumers are at, and that's fine. Me, too. E-bikes will be a thinly sliced niche market for years to come. But in my 20 years of writing about motorcycles, I've never seen leaps in advancement like I've seen in e-bikes.

Even the naysayers have to admit it's interesting to keep abreast of the rapid changes in technology. And, having sampled several e-bikes, I can attest to their appeal. The main hurdle is packing in more energy density to batteries that will expand range. There is currently (no pun intended) a massive amount of research and money being thrown at battery technology, so I continue to expect more breakthroughs.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #42
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Default Get It While It's Cheap

SolarCity shares soar as trading opens

"SolarCity is just the latest company for Musk to bring public. His electric car company, Tesla Motors, on June 28, 2010 raised $226 million by selling 13.3 million shares at $17 a share. Shares of that company now trade for $35.05."
Old 12-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #43
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
SolarCity shares soar as trading opens

"SolarCity is just the latest company for Musk to bring public. His electric car company, Tesla Motors, on June 28, 2010 raised $226 million by selling 13.3 million shares at $17 a share. Shares of that company now trade for $35.05."
Time to jump in Kmo. Start an eTrade account and buy!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #44
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Time to jump in Kmo. Start an eTrade account and buy!
Way ahead of you Buzz. Hell, I bought cardboard when it was $.19 a pound. It's over $.24 now and I've got over three tons of the stuff. New bike? You do the math.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #45
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
What the hell is it going to take to convince you this is a viable technology? I'm reminded of the 100 y/o former slave NBC interviewed at on of the Apollo launches. He was standing there on the bank of the Indian River in Titusville, watching and hearing the Saturn 5 fly into space, and he still maintained the whole thing was a big fake.
I promise you that when you post a photograph of your new e-bike in your garage, I will not claim it is a photoshop.

In the meantime, I will continue my baffling skepticism of a technology whose loudest adherents refuse to embrace.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote