Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #21
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
You clearly don't know BMW riders.

I would say dorky engineer 10-1 over yuppie.

Just hang out at a BMW dealer for a while. Even YOU will look cool Kmo.

BMW cars are yuppie for sure.
I shouldn't stereotype of course, but the past couple of years at Bike Week the GS Clowns have almost exceeded the HD Pirates. They all wear neon-green suits, hip-high boots, helmets with visors, and have $10k in farkles (God, I hate that word) on their bikes. They ride around town standing on the pegs like they're doing stream crossings. Which is still better than Ultra-Glides with 30" front wheels and IPads installed in their dash boards.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
I shouldn't stereotype of course, but the past couple of years at Bike Week the GS Clowns have almost exceeded the HD Pirates. They all wear neon-green suits, hip-high boots, helmets with visors, and have $10k in farkles (God, I hate that word) on their bikes. They ride around town standing on the pegs like they're doing stream crossings. Which is still better than Ultra-Glides with 30" front wheels and IPads installed in their dash boards.
Same thing here. On any given day in Moab you'll see 100 GSes ride through on the asphalt. I've yet to see even one on the thousands of miles of dirt roads around there. We have the names SQUIDS and RUBBIES. We need an acronym for At posers.

Last edited by seruzawa : 12-07-2012 at 09:43 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #23
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Same thing here. On any given day in Moab you'll see 100 GSes ride through on the asphalt. I've yet to see even one on the thousands of miles of dirt riads ariund there. We have the names SQUIDS and RUBBIES. We need an acronym for At posers.
"Feather Dusters".

Lightweights on a heavy bike, that never gets dirty....
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:46 AM   #24
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
I plan on checking out the Thruxton and the CB1100 next week at the Long Beach motorcycle show along with a host of others. .
I predict you'll like both...
Old 12-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #25
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
I shouldn't stereotype of course, but the past couple of years at Bike Week the GS Clowns have almost exceeded the HD Pirates. They all wear neon-green suits, hip-high boots, helmets with visors, and have $10k in farkles (God, I hate that word) on their bikes. They ride around town standing on the pegs like they're doing stream crossings.
Just another symptom of our childish let's-pretend culture. GS riders dress up like P-D racers, Harley riders dress up like outlaw bikers, cafe riders dress up like English Rockers, bicyclists dress up like Lance Armstrong, gun guys dress up like commandos, and anybody who's not riding, pedaling or shooting dresses up in their favorite sports team's apparel.

It's going to end real soon. This country's about to grow up fast.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:45 AM   #26
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Just another symptom of our childish let's-pretend culture. GS riders dress up like P-D racers, Harley riders dress up like outlaw bikers, cafe riders dress up like English Rockers, bicyclists dress up like Lance Armstrong, gun guys dress up like commandos, and anybody who's not riding, pedaling or shooting dresses up in their favorite sports team's apparel.

It's going to end real soon. This country's about to grow up fast.
Sometimes I like to dress up like a Japanese schoolgirl, but maybe that's not what you're talking about....

Why are we going to "grow up fast?" Is it the 12/12/12 end of the year thing?
Old 12-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #27
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Sometimes I like to dress up like a Japanese schoolgirl, but maybe that's not what you're talking about....

Why are we going to "grow up fast?" Is it the 12/12/12 end of the year thing?
20 trillion in debt by 2016 and Boomers retiring. Math has no mercy.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #28
Duken4evr
Founding Member

And a bunch of sheltered kids whose parents shielded them from failure during their growing time who are now housing them in their basements during their 75K in debt with student loans and can't get a job that pays more than $9.50 an hour years, despite governments around the world propping up the stock market with funny money.

Ya, the future is so bright, I gotta wear shades. Better buy that Triumph now. In a few years we are gonna have taxes and prices that the Europeans are already acustomed to. We can't afford it" can keep prices in line for only so long. A major American middle class lifestyle reduction is underway. The car makers may want to rethink the trend of ever more fancy and expensive offerings. 35K for a new so turbocharged that it catches on fire (oops - recall for that) Ford Escape, for example. Oh well. Time to have a beer. Can only take so much doom and gloom...

Last edited by Duken4evr : 12-05-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #29
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
20 trillion in debt by 2016 and Boomers retiring. Math has no mercy.
4 years-ago it was just-beneath $9T, it is nearly $17T right now. At the current rate of Government Consumption* (and an estimated $5T PER YEAR Deficit for 2013+)..... well,.... you should re-figure your Math...

This Optimistic Outlook you postulate is not helping....

*Almost forgot: BUSH'S FAULT!!!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 12-05-2012 at 07:07 PM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #30
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

You guys are so much cooler when you talk about motorcycles!