Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Six New 2013 Honda Models Announced for US (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20695-six-new-2013-honda-models-announced-for-us.html)

Administrator 11-12-2012 12:01 AM

Six New 2013 Honda Models Announced for US
 

Original Article:
Six New 2013 Honda Models Announced for US

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Six New 2013 Honda Models Announced for US in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

jmdonald 11-12-2012 08:32 PM

I can't help it
 
I have had Hondas all my life and they still make a lot of what I like. The 500 platform should do well for them. Long live Honda.

seruzawa 11-12-2012 11:14 PM

Honda''s really taking a chance here. A line up of 500cc twins in the USA? Good luck. I meanit. I hope they sell.

On theother hand that Gold Wing just beat out the Victory Vision for ugliest most outlandish bike for 2013.

sarnali2 11-13-2012 07:13 AM

That Rocket 3 is looking better each day LOL

Buzglyd 11-13-2012 08:47 AM

I love the Wing description as "innovative styling."

H-D has been selling Street Glides for how many years now?

seruzawa 11-13-2012 09:21 AM

Road Holding Weight!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 278620)
That Rocket 3 is looking better each day LOL

What? You don't think that a flat 6 makes a good styling platform? 800lbs of road holding weight is just what you need in the teisties. l'll bet those Rocket3 owners are putting their bikes on craigsllist right now!!!

seruzawa 11-13-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 278621)
I love the Wing description as "innovative styling."

H-D has been selling Street Glides for how many years now?

I never thought that Honda could ever out-ugly the Rune. But once agsin Honda excels!

Why didn't they go with the Valkyrie motif? At least you could get used to that.

jmdonald 11-13-2012 10:05 AM

World wide
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 278619)
Honda''s really taking a chance here. A line up of 500cc twins in the USA? Good luck. I meanit. I hope they sell.

On theother hand that Gold Wing just beat out the Victory Vision for ugliest most outlandish bike for 2013.

I think the 500cc bikes will do well world wide but not so sure about the US.
I wasn't going to mention that Gold Wing but how God awful ugly.

The Spaceman 11-13-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdonald (Post 278624)
I think the 500cc bikes will do well world wide but not so sure about the US.
I wasn't going to mention that Gold Wing but how God awful ugly.

Even Honda has been amazed at how well they're doing with the CB250R, so it seems like there's a market out there for lower cost bikes that aren't Chinee junk bikes sold at auto parts stores. Of course Kawi has completely updated their Ninja 250...to a 300. The only thing I don't like about this 500 series is the inline twin setup. Buzzy, no torque.

seruzawa 11-13-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 278626)
Even Honda has been amazed at how well they're doing with the CB250R, so it seems like there's a market out there for lower cost bikes that aren't Chinee junk bikes sold at auto parts stores. Of course Kawi has completely updated their Ninja 250...to a 300. The only thing I don't like about this 500 series is the inline twin setup. Buzzy, no torque.

You hanging in there, Ken? Need someone to smuggle you a bottle of Glenfiddich?

Twins can be buzzy, but using a triple or a four would proboably push the price point too high and would add substantial weight.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:53 AM.