Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   MotoGP 2012 Phillip Island Results (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20672-motogp-2012-phillip-island-results.html)

Administrator 10-28-2012 12:44 PM

MotoGP 2012 Phillip Island Results

Original Article:
MotoGP 2012 Phillip Island Results

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article MotoGP 2012 Phillip Island Results in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The Spaceman 10-29-2012 05:55 AM

Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling.
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side.
The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying.
'Tis you, 'tis you...
Well, sorry, actually it isn't you.

12er 10-29-2012 10:14 AM

I was a happy man when he slid out of the lead... Yes I'm still holding a 6-7 year grudge.

pushrod 10-29-2012 11:50 AM

An enjoyable read! Thanks!

The Spaceman 10-30-2012 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 278440)
I was a happy man when he slid out of the lead... Yes I'm still holding a 6-7 year grudge.

What's that all about? Does he have a black mark on his Permanent Record?

pushrod 10-30-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 278449)
What's that all about? Does he have a black mark on his Permanent Record?

I'm thinking it's about the time he took out his teammate, Nicky.

12er 10-30-2012 11:16 AM

Just the combo of what pushrod said and then honda throwing the world champ under the bus and designing the bike for Pedrosa. So I root against them both, Pedrosa and Honda.

customaudio 11-02-2012 12:03 PM

Once again, one of the best web-sites for moto info! I do like a print mag that I can hold, but you guys do a great job. Too bad SPEED can't do the same. They interrupted, AGAIN, the second half of the Moto2 race, for what? Nascar news...that was going to be repeated many times later that same day. How many times have they disrespected motorcycle racing fans this season alone? I lost count. Couldn't wait another 25 minutes so we could see who won a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. My DVR can't keep up with their stupid nascar-is-everything mentality. Yes, they showed it later, but I wasn't around for "later". Had to wait until Tuesday to see the entire race. Their facebook page was full of complaints, vitriol and a general f-u attitude about nascar news butting in. I'm done, also. Next season, I'm getting the MotoGP Pass and SPEED can get screwed by a giant bull ape in space. I hope with WSBK being under the same umbrella now, they will have a season pass and I can be done with the nascar channel for good. Nothing against folks who enjoy nascar, as they like what they like, just like we do. But SPEED basically giving enthusiasts of 2-wheel road racing the finger, no wonder I'm still irritated.

John A.

12er 11-02-2012 04:40 PM

Anyone checked out speed2.com yet? I keep forgetting as I'm with ya Customaudio. I got tired of speeds bs and set my dvr to record any instead of first run. I have to clean more out but at least I catch the race. Well unless its like Motogp at indy that wasnt on speed.

customaudio 11-03-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 278497)
Anyone checked out speed2.com yet? I keep forgetting as I'm with ya Customaudio. I got tired of speeds bs and set my dvr to record any instead of first run. I have to clean more out but at least I catch the race. Well unless its like Motogp at indy that wasnt on speed.

I signed up earlier this year 12er. The qualifying sessions are great. Having the feed w/o commercials is very nice. I need to get in the habit of watching on Saturday, as I've missed a couple. Overall, a great option...plus, not having to listen to Greg Creamer's useless voice-over is a big bonus. Did that guy need a job and they had to create one? I could've dealt with it, but that extremely immature video he showed of Lorenzo saying Loren-THO (just to prove that he was right) over & over was so childish. He obviously doesn't understand anything about linguistics and pronunciation, although he should, being a professional speaker. Loren-ZO says it that way because Spanish is his primary language. What an idiot. Yeah right, the guys AT THE RACES, who've been there for years, haven't got it right yet. Even though they talk to, and interview them almost every weekend. I think I'm going to enjoy the MotoGP Pass a lot next year.

John A.