Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
Dennis Chung
Motorcycle.com Staff

Default Honda to Produce MotoGP-Derived V4 Superbike

The long-standing rumor will soon become a reality. Honda officially announced it is developing a new V4 sportbike.

Honda to Produce MotoGP-Derived V4 Superbike - Motorcycle.com News | Motorcycle.com News
Dennis Chung is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
The Spaceman
Registered Member

That's cool; I really loved my VFR. I can't ride a sportbike anymore, but I'm glad they're building one.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Hmmm. Honda pricing has improved lately and now Honda is going to do this? Has Honda's motorcycle division been taken over by motorcycle enthusiasts again? It's about time they took control away from the car guys.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Global Initiative

"With a goal of earning 39 million global customers across its power equipment, automobile and motorcycle line of products by 2017, Honda CEO Takanobu Ito announced a handful of exciting new models for the latter two that range from high performance to fuel efficient.
Honda will be introducing a new super sports bike based on the Honda's MotoGP racing bike. No additional information was available about this motorcycle, but Ito did say that it would be similar to the VFR750R homologation bike that was made in limited numbers from 1987 through 1990."

If a better motorcycle offering is part of their global strategy I welcome it.I miss my old VFR.

Last edited by jmdonald : 09-21-2012 at 06:52 PM.
jmdonald is offline   Reply With Quote