Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2013 Honda CRF250L Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20538-2013-honda-crf250l-review.html)

Administrator 09-07-2012 06:09 PM

2013 Honda CRF250L Review

Original Article:
2013 Honda CRF250L Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2013 Honda CRF250L Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Duken4evr 09-08-2012 08:32 PM

The used market for CRF230s just took a hit. Nice work Honda, bringing this one in for $4,500. That qualifies as a good deal these days.

This one is a top contender for ultimate RV bumper bike. A hop on it and meander anywhere kind of machine. It may not be a race bike, or even a WR250R, but there is a broad market for this bike. Honda will sell a few.

The_AirHawk 09-08-2012 08:48 PM

Holy Crap! Will this be the first dirty-bike of my Adulthood?

UNDER $4500? I have more than that in my "slush-fund" account!

Somebody, give me just one good reason I should not run right out and throw my checkbook at my local Honda Dealer......

Duken4evr 09-09-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 277426)

Somebody, give me just one good reason I should not run right out and throw my checkbook at my local Honda Dealer......

I am your dirt bike drug pusher. Go see your smiling Honda dealer. Fooling around on a dual sport on or off road, or even in an empty out of the way parking lot, is good fun.

Actually, empty business park parking lot hooliganism and make believe motarding is one of my favorite activities :)

jmdonald 09-09-2012 04:07 PM

Iwy

Quote:

I'm with you Hawk. For the price it is a real temptation.

Huss 09-11-2012 05:42 PM

I like this bike. But why is it more expensive than the CBR250? The CBR has lotsa bodywork etc which must make it more expensive to make.
I guess Honda looked at how much the Kawi and Yam 250 dp bikes are, and just made sure it was a lot cheaper than those.

Either way, it's nice to see Honda pricing some bikes well. Finally.

Kevin_Duke 09-12-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huss (Post 277456)
I like this bike. But why is it more expensive than the CBR250? The CBR has lotsa bodywork etc which must make it more expensive to make.
I guess Honda looked at how much the Kawi and Yam 250 dp bikes are, and just made sure it was a lot cheaper than those.

Either way, it's nice to see Honda pricing some bikes well. Finally.

While bodywork adds a little to a bike's price, it might not be as much as you think. The CRF's MSRP was likely set by comparing to other bikes in its class, as you surmise, and that's also true about the CBR and its price relative to the Ninja 250.

The Spaceman 09-12-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Because the only place to ride a dirt bike within 200 miles is a "park" next to an airport that's jam-packed with James Stewart wannabees?

If you have the open land, trails, or even fire roads...go for it.

Duken4evr 09-14-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 277478)
Because the only place to ride a dirt bike within 200 miles is a "park" next to an airport that's jam-packed with James Stewart wannabees?

If you have the open land, trails, or even fire roads...go for it.

I feel for the rest of you guys. There is a reason I live in Colorado. From my recently completed summer vacation, dirt bike style. I am on the Husaberg 450. I had buddies come in from SoCal and Florida and of course Colorado. It was too much man fun.

Video in 2 parts due to the excessive amount of awesomeness contained therin...

Crested Butte Part 1 - YouTube

Crested Butte part 2 - YouTube

Kevin_Duke 09-15-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duken4evr (Post 277540)
I feel for the rest of you guys. There is a reason I live in Colorado. From my recently completed summer vacation, dirt bike style. I am on the Husaberg 450. I had buddies come in from SoCal and Florida and of course Colorado. It was too much man fun.

Video in 2 parts due to the excessive amount of awesomeness contained therin...

Crested Butte Part 1 - YouTube

Crested Butte part 2 - YouTube

Damn, that looks like fun! Awesome terrain! However, I'll bet those trails aren't so great in January. ')