Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Victory Hard-Ball Touring Project (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20535-victory-hard-ball-touring-project.html)

Administrator 09-06-2012 12:28 PM

Victory Hard-Ball Touring Project
 

Original Article:
Victory Hard-Ball Touring Project

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Victory Hard-Ball Touring Project in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 09-06-2012 01:17 PM

Project bikes... project bikes.... I loves project bikes.

Any plans to get rid of the apehangers? Few things are more uncomfortable than apehangers.

By that way "accessory backrest" is better known as a "sissybar".

conchscooter 09-06-2012 04:59 PM

Its a nice idea to check out how accessories but making the exhaust louder isn't a cruising accessory for 500 mile days and the batwing fairing looks bizarre, like a pair of pants low on the youth's hips, with the bars rising up far above like exposed underwear.

The Spaceman 09-07-2012 05:41 AM

The #1 long-range riding upgrade to the last 3 bikes I've owned ('77 FXS, 2001 ZG1000, 07 DL1000) has been the saddle. The HD had a Mustang touring saddle, the Kawi came with a Sargent, and the Suzuki has a Rick Myer that I put on for long trips. Those narrow "gunfighter" seats look great, but they don't cut it for more than a one-day ride.

Larry 09-07-2012 06:48 AM

MSRP on the HighBall is $18,999...
MSRP on the Cross Country (with fairing, stereo, ABS, cruise, etc) is $18,999...
If you're going to tour on it, maybe the HardBall is the wrong model to choose. Of course you'll miss out on those 16" spoke rims w/ innertubes, those groovy apehangers, and all the flat black treatments.

If you get a flat tire on a road trip you'll be glad you have the tubeless tires... plug and go.

sarnali2 09-07-2012 07:21 AM

Looks pretty good, the fairing takes away the gawkyness of the stock headlight which IMO looks like something off a '50's girls Schwinn bicycle. Overall a nice clean look which would look much better once you actually paint over the stock primer ( I know, I know, it's supposed to look like that...)

A louder exhaust isn't something that would work for me, I have hearing damage and that "deep throaty rumble" everyone is after creates a pretty painful resonance in my ears. Makes for an unpleasent riding experiance and pretty well guarentees my bikes will have stock exhaust.

The heated grips on the other hand are a God send here in the frosty North and on my list for this Fall, All in all I think you guys did a great job and wound up with a pretty nice looking bike. Hope it works out for you.

Auphliam 09-07-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry (Post 277392)
MSRP on the HighBall is $18,999...
MSRP on the Cross Country (with fairing, stereo, ABS, cruise, etc) is $18,999...
If you're going to tour on it, maybe the HardBall is the wrong model to choose. Of course you'll miss out on those 16" spoke rims w/ innertubes, those groovy apehangers, and all the flat black treatments.

If you get a flat tire on a road trip you'll be glad you have the tubeless tires... plug and go.

Yeah, I don't get the whole "premium pricing" for the HardBall. I have a '12 CCT and I've got heated seats, heated grips, tourpack, hard lowers, abs, cruise, 4 speaker stereo...also have the accessory backrest...and I was out the door for less coin than a stock HardBall.

Auphliam 09-07-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 277367)
Project bikes... project bikes.... I loves project bikes.

Any plans to get rid of the apehangers? Few things are more uncomfortable than apehangers.

By that way "accessory backrest" is better known as a "sissybar".

Trust me, "backrest" is a more fitting description. It's built like those old angle iron bed frames and the back looks like something stolen off a bar stool...a nice barstool, but a barstool none the less :)

Captain Steve 09-07-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry (Post 277392)
MSRP on the HighBall is $18,999...
MSRP on the Cross Country (with fairing, stereo, ABS, cruise, etc) is $18,999...
If you're going to tour on it, maybe the HardBall is the wrong model to choose. Of course you'll miss out on those 16" spoke rims w/ innertubes, those groovy apehangers, and all the flat black treatments.

If you get a flat tire on a road trip you'll be glad you have the tubeless tires... plug and go.

Don't forget the extra $3700 they spent on just the parts here. After labor, you're at like, what?, $23k?

Sorry Victory, I can think of other ways to spend $23k.

seruzawa 09-07-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Steve (Post 277407)
Don't forget the extra $3700 they spent on just the parts here. After labor, you're at like, what?, $23k?

Sorry Victory, I can think of other ways to spend $23k.

Me too!



AND



Or go slightly used and have 4 bikes.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:19 AM.