Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #11
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steve View Post
Don't forget the extra $3700 they spent on just the parts here. After labor, you're at like, what?, $23k?

Sorry Victory, I can think of other ways to spend $23k.
Indeed, there are different ways to be bad-ass.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2012, 05:30 AM   #12
Larry
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auphliam View Post
Yeah, I don't get the whole "premium pricing" for the HardBall.
Not when a CrossRoads is the same bike without the 'ruin a perfectly good motorcycle' treatment and sells for thousands less.

A guy could put a Penske rear shock on it, some radial tires, and add a dozen HP to the engine... still hasn't spent MSRP for a HardBall. And the bike would actually BE bad-assed, not just have a bad-assed look.

Oh, and for the price of the 'Victory Performance' stage 1 package a guy could actually add some real performance. I hate to see guys get sucked into those dealer-done 'upgrades'. That dyno looks pretty lame next to this one... Modified airbox, slip-on mufflers, and a fuel controller:

11.63 @ 115 mph -- 1/4 mile

Last edited by Larry : 09-08-2012 at 05:54 AM.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #13
Auphliam
Founding Member

When are you guys going to give Lloyd Greer a call and get serious about one of your Vic projects?
Old 09-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #14
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
When are you guys going to give Lloyd Greer a call and get serious about one of your Vic projects?
When we have more time, a larger staff and a bigger budget! Hopefully the next time we do a Vic project.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:25 AM   #15
fonzie
Contributing Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchscooter View Post
Its a nice idea to check out how accessories but making the exhaust louder isn't a cruising accessory for 500 mile days and the batwing fairing looks bizarre, like a pair of pants low on the youth's hips, with the bars rising up far above like exposed underwear.
Well.... I can't speak for your fishtail fantasies with regard to that pair of low rise jeans, but I mention louder, but it's hardly something noticaable on the long haul. Locally you feel good about the pipes, but at the end of a long day, its still all just all happiness imo
Old 09-23-2012, 12:27 AM   #16
fonzie
Contributing Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
The #1 long-range riding upgrade to the last 3 bikes I've owned ('77 FXS, 2001 ZG1000, 07 DL1000) has been the saddle. The HD had a Mustang touring saddle, the Kawi came with a Sargent, and the Suzuki has a Rick Myer that I put on for long trips. Those narrow "gunfighter" seats look great, but they don't cut it for more than a one-day ride.
But have you ridden a Victory?
Old 09-23-2012, 12:29 AM   #17
fonzie
Contributing Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
MSRP on the HighBall is $18,999...
MSRP on the Cross Country (with fairing, stereo, ABS, cruise, etc) is $18,999...
If you're going to tour on it, maybe the HardBall is the wrong model to choose. Of course you'll miss out on those 16" spoke rims w/ innertubes, those groovy apehangers, and all the flat black treatments.

If you get a flat tire on a road trip you'll be glad you have the tubeless tires... plug and go.

You're not wrong Larry... The price for being cool isnt' a bother for some people though. If you're in it for $ and not the ride, then get the CC right from the get go and enjoy yourself without all the extra work!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:31 AM   #18
fonzie
Contributing Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Looks pretty good, the fairing takes away the gawkyness of the stock headlight which IMO looks like something off a '50's girls Schwinn bicycle. Overall a nice clean look which would look much better once you actually paint over the stock primer ( I know, I know, it's supposed to look like that...)

A louder exhaust isn't something that would work for me, I have hearing damage and that "deep throaty rumble" everyone is after creates a pretty painful resonance in my ears. Makes for an unpleasent riding experiance and pretty well guarentees my bikes will have stock exhaust.

The heated grips on the other hand are a God send here in the frosty North and on my list for this Fall, All in all I think you guys did a great job and wound up with a pretty nice looking bike. Hope it works out for you.
Thanks Sarnali... wish we had it some more, but you know.. there's always something else to ride.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:33 AM   #19
fonzie
Contributing Staff

Quote:
Yeah, I don't get the whole "premium pricing" for the HardBall. I have a '12 CCT and I've got heated seats, heated grips, tourpack, hard lowers, abs, cruise, 4 speaker stereo...also have the accessory backrest...and I was out the door for less coin than a stock HardBall.

My guess is then you don't know what it is to be reallllllly cool eh? Price be damned! I gotta rock this life while I have it!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #20
Duken4evr
Founding Member

There will probably come a time when I will sell the FZ1 for something larger and more comfy. When that time comes, I want a Cross Roads with a little bit of Larry's magic stampeding horsepower dust sprinkled over it. That would be "cool".

I am used to having around 150hp on tap. 65 some odd horses in a heavy package would probably bore me to the point where I would not want to ride anymore. Now that I think about it, I may never sell the FZ1
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote