Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On My Bike
Posts: 1
Default Harley-Davidson 2013


Original Article:
Harley-Davidson 2013

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Harley-Davidson 2013 in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Well I for one am glad to see them move past the flat black primer look and explore their inner mettalflake. I love the stuff myself, one of my shovelheads was black with deep purple (ahem..) mettalflake and I though it was the bees freakin' knees.

Flat black is what you use when you can't afford paint and you want to ride. Nice to see the 3/4 helmet back in style too instead of those stupid ass beanies and nazi lids, I use a 3/4 most of the time unless it's raining then nothing beats a full face lid. Mines just plain white so I'm going to have to step up and get it flaked I guess, image is of course everything!
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,913
Default

Metrics and Victory copying metal flake paint in 5, 4, 3, 2. . .

The best control solution is mid-mount controls and highway pegs on a Dyna. You get the best of both worlds.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Well I for one am glad to see them move past the flat black primer look and explore their inner mettalflake. I love the stuff myself, one of my shovelheads was black with deep purple (ahem..) mettalflake and I though it was the bees freakin' knees.

Flat black is what you use when you can't afford paint and you want to ride. Nice to see the 3/4 helmet back in style too instead of those stupid ass beanies and nazi lids, I use a 3/4 most of the time unless it's raining then nothing beats a full face lid. Mines just plain white so I'm going to have to step up and get it flaked I guess, image is of course everything!
Right on. flat black is for yer old '81 Kwacker 750 ratbike. HD's are supposed to be metal flake or pearlescent in striking colors... or gloss black and chrome.

I always think of those nazi beanies as targets.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:03 AM   #5
The Spaceman
Registered Member
 
The Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,448
Default

Harley...the freedom of the road, just as long as it's on a

Harley...Authorized...Tour.
__________________
318 curves in 11 miles."
The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:01 AM   #6
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
Harley...the freedom of the road, just as long as it's on a

Harley...Authorized...Tour.
You'll Pee when we say you can Pee!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #7
jmdonald
Founding Member
 
jmdonald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 1,291
Default Modern Road King

I am strangely attracted to the Road King. The Metal Flake reminds me of my Blue Flake primary and Captain America Backup Helmets I had in High School.The 70's are coming back with modern technology.
__________________
Secede.
jmdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #8
The Spaceman
Registered Member
 
The Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
I am strangely attracted to the Road King. The Metal Flake reminds me of my Blue Flake primary and Captain America Backup Helmets I had in High School.The 70's are coming back with modern technology.
The 'King is by far the best of the FLH series bikes. Rides like a Caddy, handles like a Lotus, just the right amount of luggage, detachable windscreen...and chicks DIG Road Kings.

I had a pal who traded an RK for a FLHTCIU and regretted it for years.
__________________
318 curves in 11 miles."
The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off