Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Harley-Davidson 2013 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20511-harley-davidson-2013-a.html)

Administrator 08-28-2012 04:11 PM

Harley-Davidson 2013

Original Article:
Harley-Davidson 2013

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Harley-Davidson 2013 in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

sarnali2 08-28-2012 06:08 PM

Well I for one am glad to see them move past the flat black primer look and explore their inner mettalflake. I love the stuff myself, one of my shovelheads was black with deep purple (ahem..) mettalflake and I though it was the bees freakin' knees.

Flat black is what you use when you can't afford paint and you want to ride. Nice to see the 3/4 helmet back in style too instead of those stupid ass beanies and nazi lids, I use a 3/4 most of the time unless it's raining then nothing beats a full face lid. Mines just plain white so I'm going to have to step up and get it flaked I guess, image is of course everything!

Buzglyd 08-28-2012 06:25 PM

Metrics and Victory copying metal flake paint in 5, 4, 3, 2. . .

The best control solution is mid-mount controls and highway pegs on a Dyna. You get the best of both worlds.

seruzawa 08-28-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 277192)
Well I for one am glad to see them move past the flat black primer look and explore their inner mettalflake. I love the stuff myself, one of my shovelheads was black with deep purple (ahem..) mettalflake and I though it was the bees freakin' knees.

Flat black is what you use when you can't afford paint and you want to ride. Nice to see the 3/4 helmet back in style too instead of those stupid ass beanies and nazi lids, I use a 3/4 most of the time unless it's raining then nothing beats a full face lid. Mines just plain white so I'm going to have to step up and get it flaked I guess, image is of course everything!

Right on. flat black is for yer old '81 Kwacker 750 ratbike. HD's are supposed to be metal flake or pearlescent in striking colors... or gloss black and chrome.

I always think of those nazi beanies as targets.

The Spaceman 08-29-2012 06:03 AM

Harley...the freedom of the road, just as long as it's on a

Harley...Authorized...Tour.

Buzglyd 08-29-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 277202)
Harley...the freedom of the road, just as long as it's on a

Harley...Authorized...Tour.

You'll Pee when we say you can Pee!

jmdonald 08-29-2012 07:27 AM

Modern Road King

I am strangely attracted to the Road King. The Metal Flake reminds me of my Blue Flake primary and Captain America Backup Helmets I had in High School.The 70's are coming back with modern technology.

The Spaceman 08-29-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdonald (Post 277204)
I am strangely attracted to the Road King. The Metal Flake reminds me of my Blue Flake primary and Captain America Backup Helmets I had in High School.The 70's are coming back with modern technology.

The 'King is by far the best of the FLH series bikes. Rides like a Caddy, handles like a Lotus, just the right amount of luggage, detachable windscreen...and chicks DIG Road Kings.

I had a pal who traded an RK for a FLHTCIU and regretted it for years.