Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Best Motorcycles of 2012 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20502-best-motorcycles-2012-a.html)

Administrator 08-24-2012 11:59 AM

Best Motorcycles of 2012

Original Article:
Best Motorcycles of 2012

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Best Motorcycles of 2012 in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 08-24-2012 01:13 PM

Oops, spell check error. "but it fairs well enough" should be "but it fares well enough".

Damm microsoft.....

Nice for MV to have variable engine braking. That sort of goodie is what's kept MV alive over the years. That and they just usually look better.

The Spaceman 08-24-2012 01:43 PM

Hard to find much to argue with in that selection...except not choosing the new VStrom 650. That's a NEAT bike for the money; people who rode the original Wee for years and upgraded can't stop raving about how improved it is. But that's picking nits, the Triumph is a great bike too.

jmdonald 08-24-2012 02:21 PM

Money

I would have bet money the Panigale would have beat out the ZX14 for MOTY. The Triumph 800 was a surprise for best on/off road. You guys are spot on picking the Tuono for best standard. Not a bike on the list I would not own. Except for the electrics.

Kevin_Duke 08-24-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 277148)
Hard to find much to argue with in that selection...except not choosing the new VStrom 650. That's a NEAT bike for the money; people who rode the original Wee for years and upgraded can't stop raving about how improved it is. But that's picking nits, the Triumph is a great bike too.

Well, we did give the Wee Strom honorable mention...

Kevin_Duke 08-24-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 277147)
Oops, spell check error. "but it fairs well enough" should be "but it fares well enough".

Keen copy-editing eyes! Thx!

seruzawa 08-24-2012 10:24 PM

Well, aside from mainland Chinese junk it's hard to find a bad motorcycle any more. Makes picking "best" pretty tough.

The Spaceman 08-25-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 277159)
Well, aside from mainland Chinese junk it's hard to find a bad motorcycle any more. Makes picking "best" pretty tough.

I don't know if the MO staff will agree with this, but this year it seems like there were some clear standouts. S1000RR for best super-sport seems like a hands-down winner. The Tuono; same again. The BMW 1600 has no competition yet; the C-14 and new Trophy come closest, but they aren't I-6. The Zero S should get more credit in the E-Bike field; they've been putting bikes in dealerships while the competition has been putting up websites.

Buzglyd 08-27-2012 12:00 PM

Looks like a good list to me.

I own one and have ridden a few others.

That damn Tuono is still haunting me. Maybe the Duc should go on ebay?

The Spaceman 08-28-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 277167)
Looks like a good list to me.

I own one and have ridden a few others.

That damn Tuono is still haunting me. Maybe the Duc should go on ebay?

Sell the GT1000? NADA lists it for $5,130 to $6,605. Is it a low-mileage creampuff that was only ridden to the Rock Store on Sundays?