Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 Honda NC700X Review - Video (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20480-2012-honda-nc700x-review-video.html)

Administrator 08-17-2012 02:02 PM

2012 Honda NC700X Review - Video

Original Article:
2012 Honda NC700X Review - Video

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 Honda NC700X Review - Video in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Duken4evr 08-17-2012 06:56 PM

Pretty slick package really, I particularly like that the luggage was designed with the bike, instead of being an afterhought.

This would be an awesome RV bumper motorcycle...

seruzawa 08-17-2012 07:13 PM

Good to see Honda giving up on the idea that a bike should cost a lot more than comparable bikes if it has the name "Honda" on it.

Buzglyd 08-17-2012 09:07 PM

That thing is uglier than Ken's bike.

schizuki 08-18-2012 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 276995)
That thing is uglier than Ken's bike.

It's always seemed to me that utility and beauty are inversely related when it comes to motorcycles. The best solution is probably to buy a Ducati 916 with a seized engine, and park it in your garage to look at as you get on your adventure-tourer.

Kinda like taping a picture of Kate Beckinsale to the back of that butterface-chick-who-tries-hard-in-bed's head as you're tapping her d-style.

Buzglyd 08-18-2012 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 276996)
It's always seemed to me that utility and beauty are inversely related when it comes to motorcycles. The best solution is probably to buy a Ducati 916 with a seized engine, and park it in your garage to look at as you get on your adventure-tourer.

Kinda like taping a picture of Kate Beckinsale to the back of that butterface-chick-who-tries-hard-in-bed's head as you're tapping her d-style.

Why not just tap Kate?

jmdonald 08-18-2012 08:49 AM

Maybe there is something

There my be something to this dual clutch transmission. The only thing bothering me is it's almost 500 lb. weight. Kate Beckinsale was Low maintenance but geographically compromised. We chose to part as friends.

Captain Steve 08-18-2012 10:07 PM

Once apon a time there was a Dakar that loved a Bergman ...

The Spaceman 08-20-2012 05:16 AM

"Only 7% of cars and trucks sold in the US have manual transmissions."

That's a remarkable statistic; I had no idea the number was that low. I find it particularly suprising given how the auto market seems to be in a "sporting" cycle with lots of emphasis on the "driver experience." Imagine growing up in a world where winding up the revs and sliding your foot off the clutch pedal is only a distant memory...or where tossing a car into a corner and dropping down three gears at once to break the rear end loose is a thing of the past. That's not a world I want to be a part of.

The NC700X might look like a motorcycle, but it's not. It's a scooter.

trenttheuncatchable 08-20-2012 06:49 AM

DCT is optional. It comes standard with a normal clutch. You have to throw a leg over it. It has 17 inch wheels and a chain final drive. It's a motorcycle. A cruiser is more like a scooter than this Honda.