Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 Honda NC700X Review - Video (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20480-2012-honda-nc700x-review-video.html)

Kevin_Duke 08-21-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 277060)
I'm down to a measly 300 hp in my BMW.

I've been suitably shamed into believing desiring more is wrong and hurts dolphins.

That was a sincere LOL!

The Spaceman 08-21-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 277067)
You consider 100 mile range (probably daytime only, no a/c and 55mph max) a breakthrough? GM's first EV got about 75 miles.

No, I consider 300 mile range a breakthrough.

Envia Systems | Powering the next generation of electric vehicles

"In an industry where energy density tends to increase five percent a year, our achievement of more than doubling state-of-art energy density and lowering cost by half is a giant step towards realizing Envia's mission of mass market affordability of a 300-mile electric vehicle." (An Indian dude (red-dot)).

seruzawa 08-21-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 277061)
Only 3 to 5 years away! Or 2 to 4 years, by now!

About the same time the rising seas drown NYC. Another 10 years.

The Spaceman 08-21-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 277073)
About the same time the rising seas drown NYC. Another 10 years.

More like 8.

Surging Seas / Cities / New York, New York

alarue 08-21-2012 08:43 PM

The BMW GS with a beak has been around long enough that I don't really think there's much to get used to with this bike. It might have been polarizing a few years ago, but not now.

Blake Conner at Cycle World managed 72 mpg on a tank. All I can manage on the freeway out of my 27 hp Royal Enfield is 65 mpg. I kind-of wish I would have waited a year to buy.

Buzglyd 08-21-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 277024)
I love gas vehicles, but if I were married or could afford a second car, I'd buy an electric. I could easily use one to commute to work and for around town; but having only 1 car and needing to drive 300 miles every month or so, I can't.

What Buzz can't seem to comprehend is that there can be both, and that there is tremendous value to all of us to have more than one solution to a problem. Fer'instance, E-Bikes don't threaten or take anything away from our sport, they just broaden everybody's options.

I'll have my boys in DC mandate a second car and then someway, you'll be able to afford it or will receive a fine in the mail.

When your wallet outperforms your gums, I'll be on board.

The_AirHawk 08-21-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 277075)

I've seen New York. Where'd be the loss?

The_AirHawk 08-21-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alarue (Post 277079)
The BMW GS with a beak has been around long enough that I don't really think there's much to get used to with this bike. It might have been polarizing a few years ago, but not now.

Blake Conner at Cycle World managed 72 mpg on a tank. All I can manage on the freeway out of my 27 hp Royal Enfield is 65 mpg. I kind-of wish I would have waited a year to buy.

No substitute for Technology like Technology!