Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2013 Victory Boardwalk Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20433-2013-victory-boardwalk-review.html)

Administrator 07-30-2012 05:00 PM

2013 Victory Boardwalk Review

Original Article:
2013 Victory Boardwalk Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2013 Victory Boardwalk Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

schizuki 07-31-2012 01:21 AM

Well, that's very... fauxstalgic.

Auphliam 07-31-2012 04:50 AM

I like it. Looks like they're starting to make a nice departure from the Vegas days (never could wrap my head around that look). Oddly enough, I think this the first bike they've made that didn't look too bad aweful with those stock pipes.

V2Rider 07-31-2012 05:36 AM

I've got a Vic and was interested in what this would look like. Not impressed. I think my 04 Kingpin is better looking.

The Spaceman 07-31-2012 07:55 AM

The HD Softail Classic is a MUCH better looking bike. One of the few Softails I'd consider owning.

What's this one called again? "The Boredwalk?"

trenttheuncatchable 07-31-2012 11:14 AM

I like this bike enough to want it in my garage. In black. It's a nice blend of vintage styling and modern technology. And I second Auphliam's observations.

sarnali2 07-31-2012 01:14 PM

Nice enough looking bike. I think Victory should take a hint from you and call the motor the "Ubiquitus Freedom 106" engine instead of just "Freedom 106/6" It has more of the '40's aura they seem to go after.

I have to say I think Victory's on the right path with their more Buck Rogers styled bikes, trying to copy a Heritage Softy is a bad move IMO. The other bikes have a distinct style, love 'em or leave 'em you can always tell a Victory apart. Blurring the lines too much just puts them in the same cookie cutter style as Japan Inc.

The_AirHawk 07-31-2012 01:27 PM

I cannot actually "see" anything WRONG with the bike, but it does absolutely nothing to (or for) me.

I felt more emotion the last time I picked-out a Refrigerator. White. Frigidaire. Sideby. Icemaker w/crusher & chilled water in the door.....

That's Interesting, because I WANT to like the Victory brand, even though I've been other-than with their last few offerings (Vision, et. al.).

jmdonald 07-31-2012 01:50 PM

I've Tried

I have really tried to like the cruiser style bikes but I just can't seem to do it. The Boardwalk looks well built. I can appreciate that fact. These bikes do not stir my inner motorcycle self. Obviously I am not a person who should judge this style bike.

Huss 07-31-2012 02:40 PM

Seeing dealers are discounting the Judge model, surprise surprise, I don't think making an uglier clone of the Softtail is the way to go.

Unless the bike is better looking than the HD version, this too will be discounted.