Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On My Bike
Posts: 1
Default 2013 Honda PCX150 Review


Original Article:
2013 Honda PCX150 Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2013 Honda PCX150 Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
Captain Steve
Registered Member
 
Captain Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 137
Default

You could probably wheelie that through an intersection right in front of a cop and he'd just snort at you.

Looks like a nice little scoot.
Captain Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:50 AM   #3
The Spaceman
Registered Member
 
The Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,448
Default

Troy:

Stop. Put down the My Little Pony helmet and step slowly away from the scooter. Think about your family...think about your Mom. You don't want her to hear you're riding around on one of those, do you? Of course not.

We're all friends here, and we're going to help you get through this.
__________________
318 curves in 11 miles."
The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #4
schizuki
Founding Member
 
schizuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,030
Default

If the e-bike fetishists would quit sitting on the sidelines waiting for the perfect battery to materialize and just buy a damn scooter already, they could cut their gasoline usage by half.

Scooters are neat. I could definitely see a Genuine Scooters Buddy 170i in my garage. Maybe in one of those retro-Euro paint jobs, so Buz could start calling me Audrey Hepburn.
__________________
Reverēre meam auctōritātem

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
The Spaceman
Registered Member
 
The Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
If the e-bike fetishists would quit sitting on the sidelines waiting for the perfect battery to materialize and just buy a damn scooter already, they could cut their gasoline usage by half.
That's a great idea, except that a scooter is not a motorcycle! And as far as I can tell, there's no need to wait on E-Bike technology per se; right now the Zero S is quite usable, and the Empulse (from reports, I haven't ridden one yet) is very capable. They're just too damn expensive! The Zero is $13K and the Empulse is $16K. That will change though; E-Bikes are on a technology curve closer that's closer to computers than it is to gas bikes.
__________________
318 curves in 11 miles."
The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #6
Beer Baron
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 24
Default

That's a real nice scooter and an excellent review. I would love to add one of these to my garage.
__________________
Dan

1984 Honda Nighthawk cb650sc
Beer Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #7
Huss
Founding Member
 
Huss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Scooters are neat. I could definitely see a Genuine Scooters Buddy 170i in my garage.
I have a bunch of scoots, as well as motos and have owned the Buddy Blackjack, which is the predecessor to the 170i.

I'd pick the Honda over the 170i in a heart beat. The Buddy is really nice and fun but the Honda has a much much higher standard of finish - from bodywork to paint to instrumentation to controls. Also it can fit a ff helmet under the seat, the Buddy cannot.
Also, the Buddy 170 has an issue w/overheating where the computer will limit performance once it senses that things have become too hot. The problem is that it is air cooled, and the oil cooler is of insufficient size.

But... the one huge strike against the PCX is that with most scoots you can load the floorboard area between your legs with groceries. I could do that on my Buddy as well as my current PX and GTS 250 Vespa. The PCX has a really high center tunnel that prevents that. Bummer.
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #8
Trizzle
Registered Member
 
Trizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
Troy:

Stop. Put down the My Little Pony helmet and step slowly away from the scooter. Think about your family...think about your Mom. You don't want her to hear you're riding around on one of those, do you? Of course not.

We're all friends here, and we're going to help you get through this.
The first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem. By no means am I ready to do that! Just like me for who I am!
Trizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #9
Trizzle
Registered Member
 
Trizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huss View Post
But... the one huge strike against the PCX is that with most scoots you can load the floorboard area between your legs with groceries. I could do that on my Buddy as well as my current PX and GTS 250 Vespa. The PCX has a really high center tunnel that prevents that. Bummer.
Well, the center tunnel is where fuel is stored, relieving that area from under the seat. Meaning you can store quite a lot of stuff under the seat besides just a full-face helmet. But I do agree that having the tunnel to place groceries is convenient.
Trizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #10
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trizzle View Post
Well, the center tunnel is where fuel is stored, relieving that area from under the seat. Meaning you can store quite a lot of stuff under the seat besides just a full-face helmet. But I do agree that having the tunnel to place groceries is convenient.
Wha-What-WHAT!?!

The placement of one, perhaps as many as TWO GALLONS of a highly-flammable liquid between a riders LEGS? That is INSANELY DANGEROUS!

What if it spontaneously ignites!?!

And speaking of DANGEROUS - I saw a picture of some completely-out-of-control Hooligan riding one of these on one wheel - OBVIOUSLY, this machine has far, far too much power to be allowed on the Street. I am going to write my Congressman, and demand he introduce a Bill that will OUTLAW these "Super Scooters".

If I can save just ONE CHILD from having Fun on these Infernal Machines, it will all be worth it.....
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off