Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On My Bike
Posts: 1
Default 2012 MV Agusta Brutale 675 Review


Original Article:
2012 MV Agusta Brutale 675 Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 MV Agusta Brutale 675 Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Duken4evr
Founding Member
 
Duken4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 722
Default

The price seems unexpectedly in line. Anonymous Japanese 600 SS bikes cost about the same. Would so much rather have this.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

 
Kevin_Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
The price seems unexpectedly in line. Anonymous Japanese 600 SS bikes cost about the same. Would so much rather have this.
Based on what I learned this week at the F3's American launch, I expect the B3's MSRP will be $11,500.
__________________
"The trouble with the world is that the Stupid are c0cksure and the Intelligent are full of doubt." -Bertrand Russell
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #4
The Spaceman
Registered Member
 
The Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Based on what I learned this week at the F3's American launch, I expect the B3's MSRP will be $11,500.
$11.5K for this versus under $8.5K (list, actual purchase price is lower) for the FZ8? If the name is worth $3K, then perhaps it makes sense.

MV doesn't have ABS?!? Are they waiting to see if it's just a fad?

What was ,meant by "perfect balance when leaving the factory gates?" Does somebody build a motorcycle that's so aysemetrical this is an issue?
__________________
318 curves in 11 miles."
The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Well, actually the MV Agusta badge IS worth another 3 Grand over a Bavarian tractor. Some people just like to have something different and the huge presence of Harleys and BMWs these daze make them common as fruit flies.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

 
Kevin_Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Based on what I learned this week at the F3's American launch, I expect the B3's MSRP will be $11,500.
Just got word the B3's official MSRP will be $10,999. Seems like a bargain...
__________________
"The trouble with the world is that the Stupid are c0cksure and the Intelligent are full of doubt." -Bertrand Russell
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #7
sliphorn
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Just got word the B3's official MSRP will be $10,999. Seems like a bargain...
I agree, Kevin. I am anxious to see the new Rivale and the GT too!

There just may be an Italian bike in my future..........Finally!!
sliphorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

So, if MV goes mass production it will turn it into just another Porsche company. Those new Porsches like the Cayman or whatever that barge is called are abominations. It'll be sad to see MV go from a unique marque to just another mass produced line of products seeking the largest market possible.

MV used to be where you could get the only 750-I4 with gear driven cams. They were really expensive but had state of the art components and no shortcuts were taken. Everyone who loved sportbikes in the 70s and 80s especially drooled over them. Soon they'll just be another mass marketed product in a sea of mass marketing. Sad.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #9
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
So, if MV goes mass production it will turn it into just another Porsche company. Those new Porsches like the Cayman or whatever that barge is called are abominations. It'll be sad to see MV go from a unique marque to just another mass produced line of products seeking the largest market possible.

MV used to be where you could get the only 750-I4 with gear driven cams. They were really expensive but had state of the art components and no shortcuts were taken. Everyone who loved sportbikes in the 70s and 80s especially drooled over them. Soon they'll just be another mass marketed product in a sea of mass marketing. Sad.
The cayenne is the barge. The Cayman is bad a$$.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #10
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

 
Kevin_Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliphorn View Post
I agree, Kevin. I am anxious to see the new Rivale and the GT too!

There just may be an Italian bike in my future..........Finally!!
Oops! Just got confirmation all B3s coming to America will be equipped with the accessory quickshifter, bumping the base MSRP to $11,498.
__________________
"The trouble with the world is that the Stupid are c0cksure and the Intelligent are full of doubt." -Bertrand Russell
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off