Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Racing Electric Motorcycles - Video (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20411-racing-electric-motorcycles-video.html)

Administrator 07-19-2012 11:31 AM

Racing Electric Motorcycles - Video

Original Article:
Racing Electric Motorcycles - Video

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Racing Electric Motorcycles - Video in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Buzglyd 07-19-2012 01:07 PM

Someone get a wet nap ready for Kenneth.

Buzglyd 07-19-2012 01:24 PM

The race was great! It was the eight hour pitstops that killed me!

The_AirHawk 07-19-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

But as I prepared to leave the pits, my Zero refused to go anywhere and I missed the race. The team traced the issue to water in the circuit board causing a short. With the help of some compressed air, we dried the circuit board and all was good again.
What the Hell? Nobody ever heard of conformal coating? It's been all the rage in the home-electronics scene since like, 1981.....

Quote:

Sure enough, I led coming out of the final turn. But Page had made up the distance and came around me as predicted. Kluge was still lingering in third. However, Page made his move too soon, allowing me to follow directly behind in his draft, and as it sucked me in I pulled out and drove past him right at the line. I won!
Congratulations! Feels great to out ride/drive your competitors on equal machinery, don't it?

Quote:

Many tracks also have outlets, so recharging the battery between sessions won’t cost you a thing.
Unless like, EVERYBODY starts doin' it, and the track jumps in someone's scheisse because you're stealing their electricity. I've had it happen when trying to repair a broken RallyX car (though not for recharging a racebike, I'll admit). One should always ask about such things in-advance of plugging-in.

schizuki 07-19-2012 08:13 PM

Nothing stirs the blood like the whirrrrr of electric racebikes. Kinda like a high-speed pass from a P-51 Mustang.

The Spaceman 07-20-2012 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 276347)
Someone get a wet nap ready for Kenneth.

Yeah, we can use it to clean off your brain synapses so you can start thinking again.

Luddite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Spaceman 07-20-2012 07:08 AM

Congrats on the win Troy, and thank you for keeping us up to speed on the state of the art in motorcycling.

I guess Hawk didn't read your careful explanation as to why the non-production bike had a water issue. Details, details.

Perhaps I missed something too; did you win the race, or did Atlas? Or were there different classes? It sounds like the Brammo was considerably faster than the Zero, is that correct?

The_AirHawk 07-20-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman
I guess Hawk didn't read your careful explanation as to why the non-production bike had a water issue. Details, details.

Oh, I read it alright - and I still have to say: What the Hell? Nobody ever heard of conformal coating? They make it in a handy spray-can now (though not as effective as dipping the board).

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman
Perhaps I missed something too; did you win the race, or did Atlas? Or were there different classes? It sounds like the Brammo was considerably faster than the Zero, is that correct?

Yes, you missed it - Two classes (Super Stock and Open) running simultaneously.

pushrod 07-20-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 276360)
Yes, you missed it - Two classes (Super Stock and Open) running simultaneously.

You watch that one part, and there is another bike rips past them like they were parked! I'm guessing that was the dude that lapped them.

Kevin_Duke 07-20-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 276349)
One should always ask about such things in-advance of plugging-in.

Sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission... :cool: