Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-25-2012, 06:33 AM   #21
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
Put a set of exhaust cans on the V-Strom and it will sound beautiful, giving it more character than most. Great bang for the buck bikes they are.
I tried that with a set of 2Bros carbon-fiber cans, but after playing with the PC-III mapping for a year, I could never get it to run as well overall as it does currently with the PC-III and stock exhaust. It did sound awesome, and the top-end was better, but the low and midrange never got there. I think the exhaust tuning the Suzuki engineers did at the factory was the best solution all along.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2012, 09:30 AM   #22
zimm
Founding Member

I just wanted to report on my '11 990 SMT after almost a year of ownership. The review was right on with my impressions. I cross shopped the ducati multi, but liked the lighter, simpler bike.

Pros: Engine, ABS, looks, low weight, handling, cushy suspension
Cons: Saddlebags are nearly useless- only hold clothes, not waterproof, dash only has temp/clock. Would be nice to have gear indicator and fuel level.

Unlike what another poster wrote, the ABS can be turned off, just read the owner's manual on how to do so.

I just added a few add-ons: SW-motech centerstand, light mounts for LED solstace lights, Wings exhaust, and under-grip heaters ($40).

Last edited by zimm : 08-03-2012 at 09:33 AM.
zimm is offline   Reply With Quote