Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Shoei Neotec Helmet Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20361-shoei-neotec-helmet-review.html)

Administrator 06-28-2012 02:41 PM

Shoei Neotec Helmet Review

Original Article:
Shoei Neotec Helmet Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Shoei Neotec Helmet Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Buzglyd 06-28-2012 04:26 PM

I tried one of these on when I was looking for a Schuberth replacement.

Really, really round for me. It seems like its shaped for a bowling ball. Nothing like my RF1000

The Spaceman 07-02-2012 06:27 AM

I had decided my next lid would be the Nolan N-104, mostly because the 102 and 103 (I still have both) have been quite good. Now I'm wondering if I should pony up for one of these. My check on street prices puts the Shoei at about $250 over the Nolan ($330 vs. $580). Hmmm....

Did you actually buy this lid Mr. Duke, or was it provided courtesy of Shoei? I'm asking because if you liked it enough to plunk down almost $600 of your own cash, it would be quite an endorsement.

Buzglyd 07-02-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 276031)
I had decided my next lid would be the Nolan N-104, mostly because the 102 and 103 (I still have both) have been quite good. Now I'm wondering if I should pony up for one of these. My check on street prices puts the Shoei at about $250 over the Nolan ($330 vs. $580). Hmmm....

Did you actually buy this lid Mr. Duke, or was it provided courtesy of Shoei? I'm asking because if you liked it enough to plunk down almost $600 of your own cash, it would be quite an endorsement.

I'm rocking the N43 Trilogy right now. It would be a great lid for FL. I've got the JM Audio B/T system installed for the tunes and intercom with the GF.

Kevin_Duke 07-02-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 276031)

Having never sampled the Nolan, I can't comment on how it compares to the Neotec, but I can say I have zero complaints about the Shoei. I'd strongly recommend sizing them up at a local dealer to find out which your head prefers. I'll guess the Shoei is comfier, but it'll take lots of extra comfort to add to to $250 worth. Also, keep in mind Shoei still offers the Multitec can be had nearly $200 cheaper than the Neo.