Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #21
The Spaceman
Registered Member
 
The Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,448
Default

China quality all depends on who's in charge of the production standards. IPhones are made there, and they're as good as you can get. But the phones the locals can buy are absolute crap.

The US still makes some of the best products in the world, we just don't make the basic stuff we used to, like tools, appliances, various dry-goods.
__________________
318 curves in 11 miles."
The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #22
Duken4evr
Founding Member
 
Duken4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
China quality all depends on who's in charge of the production standards. IPhones are made there, and they're as good as you can get. But the phones the locals can buy are absolute crap.

The US still makes some of the best products in the world, we just don't make the basic stuff we used to, like tools, appliances, various dry-goods.
iPhones are manufactured by Foxconn in Taiwan. Of course there is a difference of opinion as to whether or not Taiwan is a part of China.

Edit - From what I can gather, it looks like at least parts of the iPhone are made in mainland China as well. Given a choice, I would rather have my phone made in Taiwan, better yet North Dakota...
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #23
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
iPhones are manufactured by Foxconn in Taiwan. Of course there is a difference of opinion as to whether or not Taiwan is a part of China.
Free Tibet!
(one inside each specially-marked package)
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Every time China copies something new people are freaking out about it taking over the market. Take for example their carrier killer ICBM designed to hit a 1000 foot long ship weaving at 36+ knots from a stationary launch site over a thousand miles away.

Has anyone actually seen a Chinese product that wasn't total crap? Has anyone actually seen an example of Chinese metallurgy that wasn't anything but the lowest class of pot metal? How about a Chinese electronic product that wasn't a complete piece of crap? I sure haven't.

I guess one could argue that they're keeping their true quality products hidden, that they're projecting an image of incompetence to lull us into a false sense of superiority, they are after all clever little devils and completly amoral by Western standards. But I doubt it. I think years of Communist rule have had the same stifling effect on them that they've had on the North Koreans.

I'm sure at some point they will produce somthing worth having but I doubt it'll be anytime soon.
Note that the elite ChiComm air force units fly.... SU-27s, made in Russia. Slave societies always produce crap and are incredibly inefficient. The vaunted superiority of collectivism is the fever dream of western professors. Funny, but the less central control an economy has the more productive and efficient it is.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:20 AM   #25
The Spaceman
Registered Member
 
The Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Note that the elite ChiComm air force units fly.... SU-27s, made in Russia. Slave societies always produce crap and are incredibly inefficient. The vaunted superiority of collectivism is the fever dream of western professors. Funny, but the less central control an economy has the more productive and efficient it is.
Where were you in the 1950's when this stuff would have been relevant? You missed your era...

China's economy isn't "collectivism," socialist, or capitalist. It's something completely different. As for it's effectiveness, try reading the "Made In" labels on the products around your house: Amazon.com: A Year Without "Made in China": One Family's True Life Adventure in the Global Economy (9780470116135): Sara Bongiorni: Books
__________________
318 curves in 11 miles."
The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off