Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #11
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
It's been a few days since I read the article, but I'm pretty sure they specifically mentioned why MV Agusta wasn't included.
We asked for the MV months ago, and they indicated they'd be able to supply one for this shootout. Then, as the days approached, the marketing dept became incommunicado. Sad for us, sad for you, and sad for MV's marketing efforts in the USA...

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #12
proheli
Registered Member

Thanks guys, I really enjoyed the review. I have really come to appreciate your unbiasedness (is that a word?). The only thing I didn't understand is, when the aprilia has been tested in the past, by numerous groups, it has been accused of being a track only bike, with a power delivery so intense it was worthless for regular roads. This is the main reason I never test rode one. But here you have it sounding like a dream machine, perfect for canyons and trackdays alike - its only flaw being just slightly down on power from the BMW. Any explanation??

Last edited by proheli : 05-27-2012 at 06:44 PM.
proheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #13
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by proheli View Post
Thanks guys, I really enjoyed the review. I have really come to appreciate your unbiasedness (is that a word?). The only thing I didn't understand is, when the aprilia has been tested in the past, by numerous groups, it has been accused of being a track only bike, with a power delivery so intense it was worthless for regular roads. This is the main reason I never test rode one. But here you have it sounding like a dream machine, perfect for canyons and trackdays alike - its only flaw being just slightly down on power from the BMW. Any explanation??
Aprilia is making continual updates to the RSV4 platform, including the addition of the APRC suite and remapped injection for 2011, plus a new fork, lighter wheels and lowered final-drive gearing. New mapping in the ECU results in smoother throttle reapplication, tho I still preferred using the Sport mode rather than Track for its ease of use.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #14
proheli
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Aprilia is making continual updates to the RSV4 platform, including the addition of the APRC suite and remapped injection for 2011, plus a new fork, lighter wheels and lowered final-drive gearing. New mapping in the ECU results in smoother throttle reapplication, tho I still preferred using the Sport mode rather than Track for its ease of use.
Thanks Kevin, that completes the picture for me. Now I want one
proheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:54 PM   #15
jng1226
Founding Member

This "teaser" was posted May 2012. It's almost May 2013. Where's the part 2 and part 3 of this article?
jng1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #16
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jng1226 View Post
This "teaser" was posted May 2012. It's almost May 2013. Where's the part 2 and part 3 of this article?
Um, it was posted May 2012...
Honda Suzuka 8 Hr. Preview
Old 04-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #17
jng1226
Founding Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Um, it was posted May 2012...
Honda Suzuka 8 Hr. Preview
Yup, never mind, I found it. But boy was it buried. I am looking to buy a 2012 RSV4 APRC based partly on your in-depth review, so thank you for that. After watching the part 1 teaser, there wasn't a link to the other parts and I actually ended up finding it on YouTube and linking back to your site from your URL in the description.

Keep up the great work but make it easier to find the stuff, OK?

Jeff
jng1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #18
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
We had already compared the BMW to the ZX-10R the year previous, so we didn't bother with the Euro vs Japan follow-up as planned.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #19
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Yup, never mind, I found it. But boy was it buried. I am looking to buy a 2012 RSV4 APRC based partly on your in-depth review, so thank you for that. After watching the part 1 teaser, there wasn't a link to the other parts and I actually ended up finding it on YouTube and linking back to your site from your URL in the description.

Keep up the great work but make it easier to find the stuff, OK?

Jeff
Yeah, we've got some work going on behind the scenes to improve the user experience. And if you can't get enough RSV4 info, also see it go against MV Agusta's F4RR: 2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC vs. 2012 MV Agusta F4RR Corsacorta - Video

Last edited by Administrator : 04-22-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote