Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 Brammo Empulse and Empulse R First Look (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20267-2012-brammo-empulse-empulse-r-first-look.html)

Administrator 05-10-2012 12:28 PM

2012 Brammo Empulse and Empulse R First Look
 

Original Article:
2012 Brammo Empulse and Empulse R First Look

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 Brammo Empulse and Empulse R First Look in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

12er 05-10-2012 03:24 PM

Wolf!!! Wolf!!! Didnt we hear this 2 years ago?

Buzglyd 05-10-2012 03:45 PM

What do you suppose the KPPI is on this one?

This might end up in Jay Lenos garage but not mine.


It might be 50 miles of fun but it’s still not a serious motorcycle.

The battery life claims are ludicrous. 100,000 miles? Zero claims 300,000. You really could claim anything. At 50 miles per charge and 4 hour charge time, there are not enough hours in the day (or you won’t live long enough) to ever put anything close to 100k on this.

And you get range or top speed but not both at the same time. This is from CW’s recent test. These EPA numbers are so rigged it’s laughable:

The EPA’s UDDS test runs 7.45 miles and has an average speed of less than 20 MPH! The vehicle comes to a complete stop 17 times and runs faster than 50 mph for all of 70 seconds!

How many of you are going to pay 17 grand to ride like that?

seruzawa 05-10-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 275232)
And you get range or top speed but not both at the same time. This is from CW’s recent test. These EPA numbers are so rigged it’s laughable:

The EPA’s UDDS test runs 7.45 miles and has an average speed of less than 20 MPH! The vehicle comes to a complete stop 17 times and runs faster than 50 mph for all of 70 seconds!

How many of you are going to pay 17 grand to ride like that?

You'VE noticed that the ad copies for these things always try to fool the public into thinking that the endurance is measured at the vehicle's top speed? The worst sort of misleading advertising is the usual for e-vehicles.

Humpydogg 05-10-2012 06:49 PM

I know I have a another dog in this fight... But I support anything EV motorcycles and anything that moves and pushes the envelope but that is one hideous looking motorcycle. I mean damn.

Kevin_Duke 05-10-2012 07:01 PM

I'd buy one if I was rich and lived in the Malibu Hills.

pushrod 05-10-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 275255)
I'd buy one if I was rich and lived in the Malibu Hills.

Horse-hocky, KD!

You figure, if MO gets one to test, it'll be the shortest road test you've done, except maybe that radio wagon one you did for a 3rd grade 'paper.' It hasn't got enough 'trons to do more. You'll need to get the obligatory 'wheelie shot' early!

I wouldn't want a 'free' one! I'd be compelled to keep it charged, and that would cost me money. Not that much, but it'd tick me off just thinking about it!

schizuki 05-11-2012 05:30 AM

Stop carping, guys. Practical battery technology is just 3 to 5 years away. Measured from when I first started hearing that, we should see it sometime around 2005.

The Spaceman 05-11-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humpydogg (Post 275254)
I know I have a another dog in this fight... But I support anything EV motorcycles and anything that moves and pushes the envelope but that is one hideous looking motorcycle. I mean damn.

Thank you for "getting it." The lack of vision of the future around here is apalling.

Buzglyd 05-11-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 275259)
Thank you for "getting it." The lack of vision of the future around here is apalling.

You're no greener than any of us other than rhetoric Kenny.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:35 AM.