Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #21
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Kultursmog

Brammo is just another manufacturer lost in the Kultursmog. You can bet it is part of the command, control, and wealth extraction nimrods trolling around the Government tit.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #22
sliphorn
Registered Member

Right you are, jm.
sliphorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #23
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
Horse-hocky, KD!

You figure, if MO gets one to test, it'll be the shortest road test you've done, except maybe that radio wagon one you did for a 3rd grade 'paper.' It hasn't got enough 'trons to do more. You'll need to get the obligatory 'wheelie shot' early!
Under those conditions (I was rich and lived in Mailbu), it probably would be something I'd buy. An estimated 60 miles when ridden hard would be enough to ride most of the nearby canyons plus attract attract Jay Leno to talk to me at the Rock Store.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #24
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
Speaking of the bike (gasp!), it's pretty startling how Brammo has made the Zero S look like a bargain. I have to say I'm very disappointed that they've rolled these out at $16 - $18K. There may be a market segment that's wealthy enough to spend that much on an emerging technology, but they aren't helping move the segment forward at that price.

As Pete noted in the article, the promise was $10k for the "big" version with the larger battery. IIRC, the next step down was around $8k. If they don't get a handle on price soon, somebody else (like Zero) is going to eat their lunch and leave them bankrupt.
The price doesn't surprise me. The Zero S with 9kWh battery is listed at $14K. Default battery pricing per kWh is about $1000, so the Empulse's battery alone costs $10K.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #25
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
The "Future" to lefties is always a lower standard of living in all segments.
Let's try to leave the political ****ishness elsewhere. Not only is that a ridiculous statement, it paints only a black-and-white picture. Or are you saying that, as a Conservative, you're the same as, say, Ted Nugent?

Also, regarding your sig, please don't tell me you are of the belief that success can only be measure in dollars. My happy but modest family would disagree.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #26
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Let's try to leave the political ****ishness elsewhere. Not only is that a ridiculous statement, it paints only a black-and-white picture. Or are you saying that, as a Conservative, you're the same as, say, Ted Nugent?

Also, regarding your sig, please don't tell me you are of the belief that success can only be measure in dollars. My happy but modest family would disagree.
Not at all KD. I'm not talking about money.

I'm talking about the erosion of liberty.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #27
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Not at all KD. I'm not talking about money.

I'm talking about the erosion of liberty.
I'm not sure I get it, Buz. It's not like anyone's banning K1600s and forcing us to ride e-bikes.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #28
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

That comes in 2025 - with the 200mpg CAFE......

But I digress.

Truly, if a "real" electric moto emerges, you'll find me standing in line to buy it. But only if it's "real" in the sense of every petrol-powered moto out there: 150+ mile range (at highway speeds), and a practical, universal way to refuel/charge it in a convenient timespan.

Give me THAT, Brammo. Price it under the sticker of your average Veloster, and don't style it so fugly it makes small children run terrified to cower behind their parents' legs.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #29
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
I'm not sure I get it, Buz. It's not like anyone's banning K1600s and forcing us to ride e-bikes.
Our gov't tells us what kind of lightbulbs we have to use.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #30
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Our gov't tells us what kind of lightbulbs we have to use.
I don't see how a light bulb lowers my standard of living...