Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 02:53 AM   #11
schizuki
Founding Member
 
schizuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,030
Default

Aw, fuggit. I really liked the Stone, but they lost me at "nylon fuel tank."

Hey, Europeans - you may not believe this, but we had a few influential political and business groups successfully lobby to add ethanol to our gasoline. Yes, I know, it's utterly idiotic and destructive, but we seem to be stuck with it. We'll be needing steel tanks, please.
__________________
Reverēre meam auctōritātem

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2012, 05:06 AM   #12
Gerwin
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14
Default

Gentlemen,
Guzzis do not have transverse V twins. Their crankshaft is longitudinally oriented, so their engines are longitudinal. I don't really care if you don't know such things, but if you don't, do not mention the orientation of the engine pretending that you do.
Otherwise nice article.
Gerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:44 AM   #13
Gerwin
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Aw, fuggit. I really liked the Stone, but they lost me at "nylon fuel tank."

Hey, Europeans - you may not believe this, but we had a few influential political and business groups successfully lobby to add ethanol to our gasoline. Yes, I know, it's utterly idiotic and destructive, but we seem to be stuck with it. We'll be needing steel tanks, please.
They apparently lost you earlier, because the article says the fuel tank is changed from a nylon one to a steel tank. We Europeans have to live with ethanol in our gas tank too.
Gerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:56 AM   #14
The Spaceman
Registered Member
 
The Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerwin View Post
Gentlemen,
Guzzis do not have transverse V twins. Their crankshaft is longitudinally oriented, so their engines are longitudinal. I don't really care if you don't know such things, but if you don't, do not mention the orientation of the engine pretending that you do.
Otherwise nice article.
Did you write this comment in the Letters section of Motorcyclist when they covered the V7? It's almost verbatim what somebody submitted there.
__________________
318 curves in 11 miles."
The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:03 AM   #15
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
Yeah, it really makes the bike. I don't know if the kit is available in the US, that's a UK site that has the article. It's 1,300 Pounds...which is what, about $18 American?

$2092.61, nitwit
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:43 AM   #16
Gerwin
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
Did you write this comment in the Letters section of Motorcyclist when they covered the V7? It's almost verbatim what somebody submitted there.
Nope. Sorry to hear that Motorcyclist's journalists have the same problem though.

Last edited by Gerwin : 04-25-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Gerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:17 AM   #17
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerwin View Post
Nope. Sorry to here that Motorcyclist's journalists have the same problem though.
You're not much fun at parties, are you?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:23 AM   #18
The Spaceman
Registered Member
 
The Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
$2092.61, nitwit
When I first read the fairing was 1,300 pounds, I thought "Jesus, what'd they make that thing out of, depleted uranium?" Then I remembered those stupid British people call their dollars "pounds."
__________________
318 curves in 11 miles."
The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #19
Gerwin
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
You're not much fun at parties, are you?
Parties? Naaahh.
Gerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #20
schizuki
Founding Member
 
schizuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerwin View Post
They apparently lost you earlier, because the article says the fuel tank is changed from a nylon one to a steel tank. We Europeans have to live with ethanol in our gas tank too.
Second paragraph:

"And while all of the V7s catch the eye, the V7 Racer especially stands out. The finish is extraordinary, and its chromed fuel tank is now metal (instead of nylon) like the other 2012 V7s."

Only the Racer gets a steel tank. Not the Stone. Not the Special.
__________________
Reverēre meam auctōritātem

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off