Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   The Brains Behind Brembo (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20188-brains-behind-brembo.html)

Administrator 04-10-2012 02:24 PM

The Brains Behind Brembo
 

Original Article:
The Brains Behind Brembo

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article The Brains Behind Brembo in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The Spaceman 04-11-2012 05:35 AM

The technology that allows Brembo to build monoblock calipers is a fascinating story itself. We live in amazing times, no doubt.

The wheels shown with the 3 to 9 spokes are BFU. They may work great, but they look like crap.

sarnali2 04-11-2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 274461)
The technology that allows Brembo to build monoblock calipers is a fascinating story itself. We live in amazing times, no doubt.

The wheels shown with the 3 to 9 spokes are BFU. They may work great, but they look like crap.


They'd look great on a Maserati. Anyway Signore Lavezzi sembra che Peter Sellers...

pushrod 04-11-2012 07:14 AM

Maybe if they had some sweep to them; y'know, give them some 'apparent motion.'

The brakes sure have come a long way from a stick, nailed to the chassis!

jmdonald 04-11-2012 09:03 AM

Why?
 
I realized after reading this piece I seem to be unaturally drawn to essays that reveal the physics and science behind motrcycle components and their development. Interesting chronology.

Kevin_Duke 04-11-2012 09:31 AM

Glad to see you guys enjoyed such an article! Bike tests are our bread and butter, so we sometimes overlook cool stories like this. Your interest reminds me there's an audience for peripheral stories such as this.

The Spaceman 04-11-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 274465)
Glad to see you guys enjoyed such an article! Bike tests are our bread and butter, so we sometimes overlook cool stories like this. Your interest reminds me there's an audience for peripheral stories such as this.

I love technical articles; either about the bikes themselves, or articles like this one that dig into the subsystems. The design and manufacturing stuff is really interesting too.

Maybe that's why I enjoy working on the bike almost as much as riding it...

sarnali2 04-11-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 274466)

Maybe that's why I enjoy working on the bike almost as much as riding it...


Ach that heat has fried your brain! I hate working on the Gad dam* things, I'm a rider not a mechanic. I work on them if I have to because I loathe the idea of paying someone to do something I can do but I sure don't do it for fun. I'm just a cheapskate.

The Spaceman 04-11-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 274467)
Ach that heat has fried your brain! I hate working on the Gad dam* things, I'm a rider not a mechanic. I work on them if I have to because I loathe the idea of paying someone to do something I can do but I sure don't do it for fun. I'm just a cheapskate.

Let's be clear: by "work on" I mean installing accessories, washing and waxing, lubing, etc. You know, basically dry-humping it in the privacy of my own garage.

sarnali2 04-12-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 274468)
Let's be clear: by "work on" I mean installing accessories, washing and waxing, lubing, etc. You know, basically dry-humping it in the privacy of my own garage.


Ahh, of course... what goes on between a consenting adult and his (or her) motorcycle in the privacy of their garage is certainly no one elses affair. A few low wattage bulbs.. an old sleeping bag or some couch cushions to sit on, Barry White on the ol' 8 track..... a can or two of sweet-smelling penetrating oil...(sniff) it's a beautiful thing.....


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:35 PM.