Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Pirelli Diablo Rosso II Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20177-pirelli-diablo-rosso-ii-review.html)

Administrator 04-04-2012 12:35 PM

Pirelli Diablo Rosso II Review

Original Article:
Pirelli Diablo Rosso II Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Pirelli Diablo Rosso II Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The_AirHawk 04-04-2012 04:40 PM

I'd like to get my hands on a set of those "sticky buns".

And the tires sound and look pretty bichin' too.....

trenttheuncatchable 04-05-2012 09:37 AM

I just had these installed on my Z750S last weekend. Only been on them a few days, but I'm very happy with my tire choice. Planning to have a set put on my ZX10R in a couple of weeks.

The Spaceman 04-05-2012 09:51 AM

I need high-molecular-weight reactive polymers in my tires. And polycarbonite too!

I wonder if they make a 19" front?

trenttheuncatchable 04-05-2012 11:04 AM

No Rosso II for you. But Pirelli does make three Scorpion tires for your bike: the Sync, the Trail Dual Sport, and the Rally. And if you factor in Metzeler, there are even more choices.

The Spaceman 04-05-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable (Post 274384)
No Rosso II for you. But Pirelli does make three Scorpion tires for your bike: the Sync, the Trail Dual Sport, and the Rally. And if you factor in Metzeler, there are even more choices.

I've been hearing good stuff about the Pilot II's for the Vee. I never go off-pavement, so I can skip that feature.

Kevin_Duke 04-05-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable (Post 274381)
I just had these installed on my Z750S last weekend. Only been on them a few days, but I'm very happy with my tire choice. Planning to have a set put on my ZX10R in a couple of weeks.

Glad to hear you're liking them, too! BTW, I still think the Z750S is one of the motorcycle America's greatest unheralded bikes.

jmdonald 04-06-2012 09:07 AM

I see the light

"And here’s why the Diablo Rosso IIs make a lot of sense for sportbike riders. It’s a tire that’s grippy enough to drag a CBR’s footpeg on the track, yet it warms up quicker and lasts far longer than a race-compound tire, plus it’ll have much better traction in the wet."

I'm sold

Kevin_Duke 04-06-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdonald (Post 274403)
"And here’s why the Diablo Rosso IIs make a lot of sense for sportbike riders. It’s a tire that’s grippy enough to drag a CBR’s footpeg on the track, yet it warms up quicker and lasts far longer than a race-compound tire, plus it’ll have much better traction in the wet."

I'm sold

Cool, let us know what you think of them after some miles!