Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2012 Literbike Streetfighter Shootout - Video

Original Article:
2012 Literbike Streetfighter Shootout - Video

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 Literbike Streetfighter Shootout - Video in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Talk about "hooligan!" That shot of Mr. Duke doing the burnout is the very definition of the word. Still smoking, Mr. Duke? Try the gum...it worked for me.

I think the Aprillia is much better looking than either one of the others. So with the huge difference in HP, the better electronics, and the price, it's the clear winner in my book.

Thanks for making the chart legends legible.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
Talk about "hooligan!" That shot of Mr. Duke doing the burnout is the very definition of the word. Still smoking, Mr. Duke? Try the gum...it worked for me.

I think the Aprillia is much better looking than either one of the others. So with the huge difference in HP, the better electronics, and the price, it's the clear winner in my book.

Thanks for making the chart legends legible.
I lasted nearly three weeks of 2012 w/o lighting up but caved when my wife restarted. I was doing okay with an e-cig. I hate gum you're not supposed to chew!

As for a winner, the Tuono is mine. The others are truly great, but the Aprilia is greater!
Old 03-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Awesome shootout guys. I can almost smell the tire smoke

Love that Aprilia. Would go for the Triumph 2nd I think. The triple probably makes the most sense of these bikes, but these are not really sensible bikes are they?
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #5
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
I was doing okay with an e-cig.
I love my e-cig. Stick with it.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #6
Buzglyd
Founding Member

You could have brought those babies down to San Diego for a day of riding and I wouldn't have worn Bill Cosby's sweater.

As a former Brutale owner, I love the MV but this time I think I'd buy the Aprilia. I may have to start haunting my local dealer and finagle a test ride.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Triple

All things considered my choice is the Triumph. I do have a soft spot for the Tuono. As always gentlemen,a stellar review.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:26 PM   #8
proheli
Registered Member

A really nice review, Gentelmen. I enjoyed it very much. I've currently got the Duck Streetfighter S (with sorted fueling and suspension.) And your review reinforces that I definitely have the right bike for me.
proheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:57 PM   #9
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
I love my e-cig. Stick with it.
Thanks for the encouragement. I'll get back to it. Now, if you excuse me, I have to go do a big smokey burnout.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:11 AM   #10
The Spaceman
Registered Member

The MV has a "radial-valve engine." I did a little looking on the interwebs and it appears the term refers to the arrangement of the valves, and/or the shape of the combustion chamber (a la "Hemi").

Does anyone know what the real or claimed benefits of the MV radial valve configuration are? Or why and how it works?