Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 Literbike Streetfighter Shootout - Video (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20148-2012-literbike-streetfighter-shootout-video.html)

Administrator 03-21-2012 12:17 PM

2012 Literbike Streetfighter Shootout - Video

Original Article:
2012 Literbike Streetfighter Shootout - Video

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 Literbike Streetfighter Shootout - Video in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The Spaceman 03-21-2012 01:18 PM

Talk about "hooligan!" That shot of Mr. Duke doing the burnout is the very definition of the word. Still smoking, Mr. Duke? Try the gum...it worked for me.

I think the Aprillia is much better looking than either one of the others. So with the huge difference in HP, the better electronics, and the price, it's the clear winner in my book.

Thanks for making the chart legends legible.

Kevin_Duke 03-21-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 274013)
Talk about "hooligan!" That shot of Mr. Duke doing the burnout is the very definition of the word. Still smoking, Mr. Duke? Try the gum...it worked for me.

I think the Aprillia is much better looking than either one of the others. So with the huge difference in HP, the better electronics, and the price, it's the clear winner in my book.

Thanks for making the chart legends legible.

I lasted nearly three weeks of 2012 w/o lighting up but caved when my wife restarted. I was doing okay with an e-cig. I hate gum you're not supposed to chew!

As for a winner, the Tuono is mine. The others are truly great, but the Aprilia is greater!

Duken4evr 03-21-2012 02:21 PM

Awesome shootout guys. I can almost smell the tire smoke :)

Love that Aprilia. Would go for the Triumph 2nd I think. The triple probably makes the most sense of these bikes, but these are not really sensible bikes are they?

schizuki 03-21-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 274014)
I was doing okay with an e-cig.

I love my e-cig. Stick with it.

Buzglyd 03-21-2012 03:20 PM

You could have brought those babies down to San Diego for a day of riding and I wouldn't have worn Bill Cosby's sweater.

As a former Brutale owner, I love the MV but this time I think I'd buy the Aprilia. I may have to start haunting my local dealer and finagle a test ride.

jmdonald 03-21-2012 05:48 PM

Triple

All things considered my choice is the Triumph. I do have a soft spot for the Tuono. As always gentlemen,a stellar review.

proheli 03-21-2012 11:26 PM

A really nice review, Gentelmen. I enjoyed it very much. I've currently got the Duck Streetfighter S (with sorted fueling and suspension.) And your review reinforces that I definitely have the right bike for me.

Kevin_Duke 03-21-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 274017)
I love my e-cig. Stick with it.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll get back to it. Now, if you excuse me, I have to go do a big smokey burnout. :)

The Spaceman 03-22-2012 05:11 AM

The MV has a "radial-valve engine." I did a little looking on the interwebs and it appears the term refers to the arrangement of the valves, and/or the shape of the combustion chamber (a la "Hemi").

Does anyone know what the real or claimed benefits of the MV radial valve configuration are? Or why and how it works?