Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #21
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I'll just put that in the "we'll see" column. Theoretically, it would be bada$$, but the radiator and oil cooler on that thing is huge and I'm not certain you'd even see the six gleaming exhaust pipes.
We can still hope for a production version of the Concept 6: http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...t-6-91002.html

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #22
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
We can still hope for a production version of the Concept 6: http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...t-6-91002.html
We're gonna need another decade of "greed" to see either one of those.

I love both of those bikes but I doubt either would sell well.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #23
ShamanWS6
Founding Member

I think the Tuono is the most exciting naked bike...... ever. As was the last one (which I own, btw). That V4 motor mixed with the chassis and electronics is pure, unadulterated insane fun.

And that, friends, is why I own bikes. Enjoyment. A bike that aggressive puts you in awe every time you start it, and that's worth the price of admission.

Love the speed triple, too... but that motor really is in need of a new generation.
2009 GSX-R 600 (RACE #100)
2008 GSX-R 1000 (RACE #100)
2008 KX 450F
2007 Tuono 1000R
http://www.trackfanatics.ca/
ShamanWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #24
AlexKovnat
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
All things considered my choice is the Triumph. I do have a soft spot for the Tuono. As always gentlemen,a stellar review.
An advantage of Triumph's in-line triple: If anybody wants to experiment with the configuration of double overhead cams, four valves per cylinder AND cam phasers too, that engine would be easier to fit with the above because, unlike the Tuono's V-4, you would only need two camshafts (cam phasers and all) rather than four.

This of course is also true of in-line fours. But if you like (or, don't mind) the vibration/dynamics of the Triumph Triple, 3 cylinders rather than four might be easier to work with.
AlexKovnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #25
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
Forgive me Master, but you confuse me. Your answers are like the advertisement of hemmoroid relief cremes. Many promises, yet my ******* still burns.

How can the arrangement of the Lotus Flower Valves change the compression of the River of Sorrow Cylinder? Why does radial valve arrangement scavage gasses better?

A horse went doo-doo on my hat today.

Many false promises have been made Grasshoper, you are indeed wise to question your position here. It's not unusual for an acolyte who grows tired of the way he's reared to wish to leave, only to discover he can not leave his Brothers behind. This is as it should be. Much like the hemmoroid salve you referenced, on the whole it's a good experiance..

Brother McDonalds link offers a much more concise explaination of radial valve theory than I did which I frankly made up anyway his words should be reflected upon during your daily devotions.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #26
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
Thanks for that. A little more about what it does and the benefits. I need to find some photos of the layout to figure it out.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #27
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
I'm actually glad BMW isn't selling the Concept 6. If they were, I'd do something really stupid like go down to the dealership and put myself $20k+ in debt. DAMN that thing is sexy.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #28
Huss
Founding Member

Default Aprilia is the clear winner

Nice test.

Aprilia is the clear winner here. People have been whining for years now to the affect of "why can't mfgs just put taller bars on their superbikes?"
Aprilia has stepped up and done this. 156rwhp w/ a great chassis and awesome electronics. And yet two testers pick the Triumph because it is easier to use on public roads?
Of course it is! It is softer! And weaker! Why not throw in the Honda CB1000R with its 105 hp and then just say that's the winner because it is easier to deal with on the street?!

Suck it up Nancy, these are StreetFighters. And no-one has stepped up like Aprilia. Bring it? It has been.... broughten..

;p
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #29
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
I'm actually glad BMW isn't selling the Concept 6. If they were, I'd do something really stupid like go down to the dealership and put myself $20k+ in debt. DAMN that thing is sexy.
Do I detect a subtle (OK, very subtle) hint of the Muth-designed Suzuki Katana in there? I'm flashing back a little to 8th grade and the Cycle magazine hidden in my binder.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #30
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Do I detect a subtle (OK, very subtle) hint of the Muth-designed Suzuki Katana in there? I'm flashing back a little to 8th grade and the Cycle magazine hidden in my binder.
Wow, they do look quite similar! The link appears to be German origins. Hans Muth, designer of the Katana, is a German who was a former designer for BMW!