Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 R Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20130-2012-aprilia-tuono-v4-r-review.html)

Administrator 03-13-2012 05:07 PM

2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 R Review

Original Article:
2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 R Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 R Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Buzglyd 03-13-2012 07:06 PM

I really want this. I need to become a beekeeper or something to make some extra dough.

It puts the Bad in Bada$$

schizuki 03-14-2012 02:53 AM

"The liter-size naked sportbike we've always wanted"

Half-naked. It's got a vestigial fairing, avoiding the ugly pre-crashed look.

I like it.

Buzglyd 03-14-2012 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 273885)
"The liter-size naked sportbike we've always wanted"

Half-naked. It's got a vestigial fairing, avoiding the ugly pre-crashed look.

I like it.

You still can't ride it sidesaddle.

Back on your sporty woman!

Duken4evr 03-14-2012 06:56 AM

I was a little cranky in another posting in following the recent MV Brutale article. That bike struck me as a very cool but a somewhat dysfunctional poser that lacks a bit in the usability and even in the engine department. I want this Aprilia so bad, I am considering selling a kidney to get it. This bike absolutely rocks my socks off. I want that motor. The V4 sound. The no BS for real power. Gimme gimme!!!

It is unfortunate the range is so short though. Part of the problem is likely the engine is so engaging, one can not help but twist it's tail. 35mpg is average for a liter class sporting bike, but the tank is apparently small and the engine's charms are hard to resist. When on the right (read unpatrolled) roads, I get high 20s and low 30's fuel economy on my FZ1 too - during those times when the tach needle spends little time below "7".

It would be nice to have that MV's 6 gallon fuel capacity. Might help keep the front end down on the Tuono too, although I doubt that ;)

schizuki 03-14-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 273891)
Back on your sporty woman!

That sounds like a bad translation from a Japanese skinflick.

"You! Dog! Get back on your sporty woman! Thrust her firm love of extraordinary magnitude!"

jmdonald 03-14-2012 07:42 PM

Tuono for me?

What's not to like. I need a new naked for the canyon and coast rides. The bikes in this catagory are my personal favorites. All this and it's Italian too. Then again it seems all these bikes call my name. The seat definately has to go. Can't wait for the shootout/comparo.

SpeedwayRN 03-15-2012 04:16 AM

Aprilia seems to be doing a lot of things right. Meanwhile Ducati seems to be uhmmm, well missing the mark a bit.
Ducati needs refocusing...

Buzglyd 03-15-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedwayRN (Post 273905)
Aprilia seems to be doing a lot of things right. Meanwhile Ducati seems to be uhmmm, well missing the mark a bit.
Ducati needs refocusing...

You're saying the Panigale missed the mark?

Duken4evr 03-15-2012 06:52 AM

Good point. Not only did the Panigale hit the mark, it vaporized it, leaving no trace. What a bike. Saw in in the flesh at the Duc dealer the other day. Had to leave before getting dehydrated from all the drooling!