Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 Cleveland CycleWerks Tha Misfit Review - Video (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20127-2012-cleveland-cyclewerks-tha-misfit-review-video.html)

Administrator 03-12-2012 10:14 AM

2012 Cleveland CycleWerks Tha Misfit Review - Video

Original Article:
2012 Cleveland CycleWerks Tha Misfit Review - Video

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 Cleveland CycleWerks Tha Misfit Review - Video in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

schizuki 03-12-2012 12:01 PM

I was done at "built in China."

[BTW, buy some wind guards for the microphones.]

The_AirHawk 03-12-2012 02:50 PM

I applaud CCW for the things they got "right" on the moto. Sad that this day and age, one must go to China, Inc. to outsource any complex machine to make it "affordable".

One understands completely why this bike is Hecho en Chine, but one does not have to like that fact.

That said, I really like the looks and pricepoint of this moto.

I have an opinion on why the modified bike suffered the inconsistent idle-gremlins that plagued it, that is unrelated to the actual work done to make it faster, but I will not go into that now.

schizuki 03-12-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 273863)
Sad that this day and age, one must go to China, Inc. to outsource any complex machine to make it "affordable".

But it won't be "reliable."

I have no beef with global markets. I have a beef with junk.

jmdonald 03-12-2012 05:29 PM

Wtfo

Did I miss the gratuitous wheelie photo? Looks like someone has done their product manager homework or at least took product management 101. How you guys held that thing in the turns without ASC I'll never know. Suffice to say, nice review.

Huss 03-12-2012 05:57 PM

Thanks for the review.

They sell these down the street from me, and I was kinda jazzed but a little worried by possible quality issues. I've been burnt by the crapola Stella 150 4T scoot (made in India) that I bought last year. Your test of Tha Misfit showing leaking forks, iffy fueling, wobbly needles etc made me realise why I prefer to pay more for better bikes.

The Spaceman 03-13-2012 06:22 AM

You guys need one of those furry microphone covers. The noise on the video was so bad I couldn't watch it.

The_AirHawk 03-13-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 273864)
But it won't be "reliable."

I have no beef with global markets. I have a beef with junk.

I guess I was making the assumption that was a "given". China still has a ways to go to compete on the World Stage in any other category than "produce mass quantities".

It's not even so-much that they can do things more inexpensively than anyone else nowadays, either - I was just reading a trade-article where some manufacturers are leaving China for the Phillipines for Cheap labour.

Sure sucks when you run out of Dissidents and Prison-Slaves that you can force to work for nothing.....

The Spaceman 03-14-2012 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 273873)

Sure sucks when you run out of Dissidents and Prison-Slaves that you can force to work for nothing.....

Yeah, but think of the executive bonuses and EPS that slave labor puts on the bottom line!

seruzawa 03-14-2012 09:57 AM

Another thing on these Chinese bikes to consider. A couple of years back I was getting a tire at an accessories shop and some guy was there with a broken rim from a Chinese dirt bike. The rim had a odd non-standard of spokes and no accessory wheels would fit. No parts support. His only options were to find another one of the cheap shyt bike in a junkyard or just buy a new one.

You can keep the cheap mainland Chinese shyt.