Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-10-2012, 05:24 AM   #11
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
The first part of that is subjective. The factory streetfighter thing in general is what I don't get.
Higher handlebars on a sport bike would contact the fairing.

Plus the upright seating position makes for great wheelies!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #12
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Naked bike, exotic, beautiful. I like nakeds and should love this MV and probably would for short rides to bike nights and such, the purpose of which would be to encourage others to drool over my bike. Reading about engine vibration and ergo issues lessens the luster a great deal though. I don't do bike nights, but do engage in on the gas cover some serious ground 400 mile day rides through the CO mountains. The bike needs to be comfy, handle well and it needs a strong dose of mid and top end horsepower.

Even the HP figures don't impress. An $8,000 leftover FZ1 with a full exhaust and power commander added makes just shy of 150 hp at the rear wheel and it sings a silky smooth and sweet pre crossplane R1 song. It also has some wind protection. Toss in a Penske shock and call it a day. Let the moto jewelry guys buy this 16K MV to hang out at the local bike spot. I just wanna go riding.

Lest you think I am a mindless FZ1 fanboi (I suppose I am - LOL) the Ninja 1000 with some factory bags and of course the same engine tweaks my current bike has sounds pretty darn good for the semi hooligan on the gas sport touring mission I so enjoy. A Tiger 1050 would be an interesting platform to play with too. The sound and torque of the Triumph triples does leave me weak in the knees.

Last edited by Duken4evr : 03-13-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:59 AM   #13
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post

Even the HP figures don't impress. An $8,000 leftover FZ1 with a full exhaust and power commander added makes just shy of 150 hp at the rear wheel and it sings a silky smooth and sweet pre crossplane R1 song. It also has some wind protection. Toss in a Penske shock and call it a day. Let the moto jewelry guys buy this 16K MV to hang out at the local bike spot. I just wanna go riding.
To paraphrase one of the MoFo writers: you can juke up a VW and get some great lap times, but it'll never be a Porsche. Sometimes you have to appreciate something for more than purely rational reasons. Like women...
Old 03-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #14
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
To paraphrase one of the MoFo writers: you can juke up a VW and get some great lap times, but it'll never be a Porsche. Sometimes you have to appreciate something for more than purely rational reasons. Like women...
Agreed. Just after I posted that crankypants missive, MO knocks me out with the Tuono V4 review. Now that is a bike I can fall madly in love with. It's limited range should bother me, but it doesn't. The Tuono is a bit like an amazing woman - one can look past some pretty significant flaws, no problem.

In my humble opinion, the MV seriously looks the business. The Tuono, on the other hand, is the business

Last edited by Duken4evr : 03-14-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote