Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 Triumph Speed Triple R Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20111-2012-triumph-speed-triple-r-review.html)

Administrator 03-07-2012 03:24 PM

2012 Triumph Speed Triple R Review

Original Article:
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 Triumph Speed Triple R Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 03-07-2012 03:29 PM

Must... resist... getting.... out.... checkbook.......

"We just wish it came with a gear position indicator like its 675cc cousins. "

Since when did it matter which gear an S3 is in?

The_AirHawk 03-07-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 273763)
Must... resist... getting.... out.... checkbook.......

"We just wish it came with a gear position indicator like its 675cc cousins. "

Since when did it matter which gear an S3 is in?

Well, it might be useful when you pin the throttle in any of the first three gears to know which number the indicator was on when the instrument-panel smacks you in the face......

Kevin_Duke 03-07-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 273764)
Well, it might be useful when you pin the throttle in any of the first three gears to know which number the indicator was on when the instrument-panel smacks you in the face......

:) Good one! No, it doesn't much matter what gear you're in - a GPI is unnecessary. It's just that it's a feature that costs next to nothing (an ECU already know which gear it's in) and gets referred to if you have it.

The Spaceman 03-08-2012 04:56 AM

Long live gratuitous wheelie shots!

pushrod 03-08-2012 07:03 AM

Triumph should offer a free asbestos wallet for the riders' Driver's License!

The Spaceman 03-08-2012 07:17 AM

Not to pick nits here, but the X-Y legends on the torque/hp graph are completely illegible, at least on my PC. I know you put the numbers in the text, but I like to read the charts as well.

jmdonald 03-08-2012 08:09 AM

Worth the extra

I would gladly pay extra for the upgrades. Suspension,wheels, transmission and brakes are 4 of my 5 hot buttons. I am in lust with this bike. It is a performance bargain at 16k. I look forward to the big shootout.

Kevin_Duke 03-08-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 273781)
Long live gratuitous wheelie shots!

I try to always be there for you! :)

Huss 03-08-2012 11:26 AM

Sweet bike.

But at $16K, it is just too homely looking, and is up against some seriously exotic rides. Either one of which I'd pick over the Triumph, just because they are more drool inducing.

Glad to see you're doing the comparo!