Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 BMW C 600 Sport Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20106-2012-bmw-c-600-sport-review.html)

Administrator 03-05-2012 01:48 PM

2012 BMW C 600 Sport Review
 

Original Article:
2012 BMW C 600 Sport Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 BMW C 600 Sport Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

sliphorn 03-05-2012 03:15 PM

Tor, thanks for the thorough review. I'm looking forward to a test ride.

The Spaceman 03-06-2012 05:22 AM

Unlike here, scooters in EU cities are a significant percentage of the traffic flow. There have been some interesting articles on how the London "DOT" is under pressure to allow scooters and motorcycles to use the dedicated bus lanes throughout the city. It looks to me like BMW has once again put themselves in a winning situation with these scooters. I'd love to try the Sport model.

Beer Baron 03-06-2012 10:49 AM

I like the look of the BMW scooter. Was there a final price mentioned that I may have missed?

Is the handling and cornering really that superior to modern maxi-scooters? I had thought the TMax was already "motorcycle like" in that regard.

Also the fuel cap concept is already used by KYMCO on many of it's scoots. I know at one point and maybe currently KYMCO was working with BMW, I wonder if that feature came from that relationship?

Nice review overall I hope BMW is successful with the new bikes.

JOEP 03-07-2012 07:32 AM

Looks like fun
 
I liked the review and i'm looking forward to get the details on the sister C650GT touring model.

Thanks for the review and to read it first on Motorcycle.com

JP

Buzglyd 03-07-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 273706)
Unlike here, scooters in EU cities are a significant percentage of the traffic flow. There have been some interesting articles on how the London "DOT" is under pressure to allow scooters and motorcycles to use the dedicated bus lanes throughout the city. It looks to me like BMW has once again put themselves in a winning situation with these scooters. I'd love to try the Sport model.

I see how the bus drivers operate around here and I'm not certain I want to be sharing any lanes with them.

Splat!

sliphorn 03-07-2012 10:14 AM

I'd love to see a comparo between the 600 sport and the new 530 TMAX.

Too bad Yamaha isn't bringing the 530 stateside.

Huss 03-07-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliphorn (Post 273747)
I'd love to see a comparo between the 600 sport and the new 530 TMAX.

Too bad Yamaha isn't bringing the 530 stateside.

Seeing there are still 2009 model year Tmaxes gathering dust on dealer floors, it's not surprising.

I like all scoots, but the problem I have with the maxi ones is the only maxi thing about them is the weight. I've ridden Tmaxes, and owned an MP3 500, and once the novelty wore off I was left with the feeling that they would be so much better if they had a much better power to weight ratio.

Heck, even my lardy new Guzzi Griso SE weighs less than the BMW scoot! And makes about 2.5 times the powah.

sliphorn 03-07-2012 01:42 PM

You're right, Huss. I guess the weight comes from the cvt? I still wanna test ride the BMW just to see what it's all about.

Kevin_Duke 03-07-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beer Baron (Post 273729)
I like the look of the BMW scooter. Was there a final price mentioned that I may have missed?

The BMW scooters won't arrive in the U.S. until this fall as 2013 models. Still no official price announced, but we're told to expect the Sport to retail at or just below $10K.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:18 AM.