Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 02-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2012 MV Agusta F3 675 Review

Original Article:
2012 MV Agusta F3 675 Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 MV Agusta F3 675 Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2012, 05:12 AM   #2
The Spaceman
Registered Member

That's a beautiful machine; MV always impresses in the styling department. Although I do miss the "pipe organ" exhaust of the older bikes. Another reviewer said the fueling was poor and needed a lot of work. Guess that wasn't the case for this test.

Who's the gentleman with the tie and sweater vest in the photo gallery?
Old 02-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
That's a beautiful machine; MV always impresses in the styling department. Although I do miss the "pipe organ" exhaust of the older bikes. Another reviewer said the fueling was poor and needed a lot of work. Guess that wasn't the case for this test.

Who's the gentleman with the tie and sweater vest in the photo gallery?
Actually, Tor did note less-tha-ideal fueling in his story and in the "minus" category of his conclusion. It seems like something could be dialed out before official production begins.

I think the guy in the pic you mention is Adrian Morton, the lead designer for MV who also worked for Ducati in the late-'90s and Benelli in the '00s.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
Dennis Chung
Motorcycle.com Staff

No, it's Giovanni Castiglioni, Claudio's son and now CEO of MV Agusta.
Dennis Chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Chung View Post
No, it's Giovanni Castiglioni, Claudio's son and now CEO of MV Agusta.
I'm glad someone's paying attention! Thanks, Dennis!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Beautiful unique bike and very competively priced when compared to Japanese offerings.

Occurs to me, is the MV a good value, or are the Japanese 600s just too darn expensive? Starting to come around to the 2nd point of view on that one.

A fully sorted 750cc version of this could be the perfect sport bike.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #7
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
Beautiful unique bike and very competively priced when compared to Japanese offerings.

Occurs to me, is the MV a good value, or are the Japanese 600s just too darn expensive? Starting to come around to the 2nd point of view on that one.

A fully sorted 750cc version of this could be the perfect sport bike.
It's all about the Euro/Dollar/Yen relationships that's making Euro bikes more competitively priced. As for your idea of a 750 Triple, I've been trying to convince BMW to lop off a cylinder of the S1000, but they don't see a market for it, especially since it would cost nearly as much to build it as the Thousand. Hopefully MV built some extra room into the F3's crankcases so they could beat the Germans to it!