Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 MV Agusta F3 675 Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20083-2012-mv-agusta-f3-675-review.html)

Administrator 02-22-2012 05:03 PM

2012 MV Agusta F3 675 Review
 

Original Article:
2012 MV Agusta F3 675 Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 MV Agusta F3 675 Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The Spaceman 02-23-2012 05:12 AM

That's a beautiful machine; MV always impresses in the styling department. Although I do miss the "pipe organ" exhaust of the older bikes. Another reviewer said the fueling was poor and needed a lot of work. Guess that wasn't the case for this test.

Who's the gentleman with the tie and sweater vest in the photo gallery?

Kevin_Duke 02-23-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 273399)
That's a beautiful machine; MV always impresses in the styling department. Although I do miss the "pipe organ" exhaust of the older bikes. Another reviewer said the fueling was poor and needed a lot of work. Guess that wasn't the case for this test.

Who's the gentleman with the tie and sweater vest in the photo gallery?

Actually, Tor did note less-tha-ideal fueling in his story and in the "minus" category of his conclusion. It seems like something could be dialed out before official production begins.

I think the guy in the pic you mention is Adrian Morton, the lead designer for MV who also worked for Ducati in the late-'90s and Benelli in the '00s.

Dennis Chung 02-23-2012 10:10 AM

No, it's Giovanni Castiglioni, Claudio's son and now CEO of MV Agusta.

Kevin_Duke 02-23-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Chung (Post 273406)
No, it's Giovanni Castiglioni, Claudio's son and now CEO of MV Agusta.

I'm glad someone's paying attention! Thanks, Dennis!

Duken4evr 03-04-2012 05:20 PM

Beautiful unique bike and very competively priced when compared to Japanese offerings.

Occurs to me, is the MV a good value, or are the Japanese 600s just too darn expensive? Starting to come around to the 2nd point of view on that one.

A fully sorted 750cc version of this could be the perfect sport bike.

Kevin_Duke 03-04-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duken4evr (Post 273656)
Beautiful unique bike and very competively priced when compared to Japanese offerings.

Occurs to me, is the MV a good value, or are the Japanese 600s just too darn expensive? Starting to come around to the 2nd point of view on that one.

A fully sorted 750cc version of this could be the perfect sport bike.

It's all about the Euro/Dollar/Yen relationships that's making Euro bikes more competitively priced. As for your idea of a 750 Triple, I've been trying to convince BMW to lop off a cylinder of the S1000, but they don't see a market for it, especially since it would cost nearly as much to build it as the Thousand. Hopefully MV built some extra room into the F3's crankcases so they could beat the Germans to it!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:38 AM.