Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 Honda NC700X Preview (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/19999-2012-honda-nc700x-preview.html)

Administrator 01-20-2012 07:27 AM

2012 Honda NC700X Preview

Original Article:
2012 Honda NC700X Preview

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 Honda NC700X Preview in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Duken4evr 01-20-2012 07:54 AM

The bike is a bit of down on power yawner perhaps, but the intro of Honda's updated DCT in more affordable bikes is exciting. This engine with DCT sounds like the perfect high end scooter motor. Likely it will get great gas mileage too, with a single TB and such mild tuning.

Darn it though, if I am on 2 wheels, I want the thing to be quick. It does not have to be a liter class sport bike, but 45hp at the wheel in a near 500 pound bike simply does not cut it, especially here in Denver. This bike would probably struggle to go the speed limit in some of the environments that I ride in...

The Spaceman 01-20-2012 08:14 AM

I'm intrigued by this bike for a number of reasons.

The shared engineering with Honda automtive to produce a super-efficient engine that is substantially different in archtecture from a typical bike (long-stroke!).

The "automatic transmission" option, will DCT fare better than the CVT in the DN-01?

Can Honda open, or re-open, a low-cost general purpose motorcycle market with this bike? The "ADV" styling should help.

I wonder if Honda will take market share from potential "mega-scooter" buyers with the bike. If a guy was looking at a Burgman and saw this next to it, would he reconsider?

Buzglyd 01-20-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 272603)
I'm intrigued by this bike for a number of reasons.

The shared engineering with Honda automtive to produce a super-efficient engine that is substantially different in archtecture from a typical bike (long-stroke!).

The "automatic transmission" option, will DCT fare better than the CVT in the DN-01?

Can Honda open, or re-open, a low-cost general purpose motorcycle market with this bike? The "ADV" styling should help.

I wonder if Honda will take market share from potential "mega-scooter" buyers with the bike. If a guy was looking at a Burgman and saw this next to it, would he reconsider?

That many words usually means they aren't going to sell any of em.

If you had just said "Effin' Cool!" I might be more enthusiastic.

schizuki 01-20-2012 08:57 AM

I know what I hate. And I don't hate this.

It's a very logical bike. Logic usually doesn't sell in the US motorcycle market. Too bad.

The Spaceman 01-20-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 272604)

If you had just said "Effin' Cool!" I might be more enthusiastic.

Wow, I had no idea I'm that influential in the motorcycle industry!

I'll keep an eye out for another "girlie-getter" for ya. Something with high handlebars, tassels, lots of conchos and LED lights.

Rob-SV650 01-20-2012 11:22 AM

Not a Versys competitor....

Sounds a lot more like a Mana competitor to me.... similar HP, style, auto tranny, and storage compartment... Much less in common with the Versys.

Dennis Chung 01-20-2012 11:44 AM

Yes and no. On many levels, the two are comparable but the Mana has an extra 170cc and claims 76hp, not to mention costing an extra $2900.

MOKE1K 01-20-2012 11:57 AM

I think this may sell better than the NT700,...like the looks!

MOKE1K 01-20-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 272604)

DING DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!!! Hope Im wrong,...