Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Top 10 Hottest Bikes of 2012 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/19971-top-10-hottest-bikes-2012-a.html)

Administrator 01-05-2012 06:36 PM

Top 10 Hottest Bikes of 2012

Original Article:
Top 10 Hottest Bikes of 2012

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Top 10 Hottest Bikes of 2012 in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The Spaceman 01-06-2012 05:12 AM

That is a seriously eclectic choice of bikes! Scooters, two electrics, three bikes that have yet to make it to the US...

The Empulse? Long on promise, short on delivery. I'll believe it when I ride it.

The ZX definitely deserves to be on the list. Someday people will look back on it much the way we do the 1973 Z1 today.

sarnali2 01-06-2012 07:19 AM

I'm glad to see you included the Explorer on the list, I was beginning to dispair. I gave the one they had at the Seattle IMS a pretty good looking over and liked what I saw, the 1050 Tigers unfortunately never looked right to me though they are excellent bikes. This one hit's all the right buttons from a stylistic and also functional viewpoint.

The Norton was cool too though the one at the IMS was not a functioning motorcycle as evidenced by the floppy gear shift, lack of brake fluid in the reservoirs and clean exhaust outlets. Still a real beauty and I'm sure it'll sell well, being built at Donington Park gives them massive Cafe` cred right off the bat and the whole bike has the right mix of Norton style and modern upgrades like suspension and brakes. Pricewise it's right in the ballpark for what will be basically a hand built small production bike, I really wish them success and hope they make a real go of it.

As to the rest, $30k+ Italian sportbikes and limited run Byool's are in the same catagory as the afore mentioned Veyron, Pagani Zonda's and Diane Lane......exquisitly beautiful but saddly out of my reach..

Kevin_Duke 01-06-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 272391)
As to the rest, $30k+ Italian sportbikes and limited run Byool's are in the same catagory as the afore mentioned Veyron, Pagani Zonda's and Diane Lane......exquisitly beautiful but saddly out of my reach..

Aw, c'mon, those Italian sportbikes can be had for $13.5K and $18K in their base versions. A Yamaha R1 starts at $14K...

drew2931 01-06-2012 12:09 PM

Since you are including bikes not yet being delivered...

I think the Motus MST could be one of the most interesting and possibly hottest bikes of 2012. The bike is scheduled for delivery to a limited number of dealers in 2012 and pre-production reviews of the bike have been very promising. Of course, I may be a bit biased being from Birmingham, but I think having a V-4 engined sport-tourer manufactured here in the US will be fun to watch.

sarnali2 01-06-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 272396)
Aw, c'mon, those Italian sportbikes can be had for $13.5K and $18K in their base versions. A Yamaha R1 starts at $14K...

pffft.. who want's the base version? and R1's are soooo last Tuesday....might as well buy a Sportster!

Kevin_Duke 01-06-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drew2931 (Post 272398)
I think the Motus MST could be one of the most interesting and possibly hottest bikes of 2012. The bike is scheduled for delivery to a limited number of dealers in 2012 and pre-production reviews of the bike have been very promising. Of course, I may be a bit biased being from Birmingham, but I think having a V-4 engined sport-tourer manufactured here in the US will be fun to watch.

I agree the Motus could've made our list. But, despite promises, we still haven't ridden it and aren't completely sure production bikes will be available this year. Still, it's a great story, one we'll keep an eye on.

Kevin_Duke 01-06-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 272399)
pffft.. who want's the base version? and R1's are soooo last Tuesday....might as well buy a Sportster!

Niiiiiiiice!! :)

schizuki 01-06-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 272399)

OK, now you guys are just piling on.

seruzawa 01-06-2012 07:17 PM

If I were a filthy rich robber baron like Buz I'd go for the MV Agusta and that Norton. Everything else except the S3 is sooooo pedestrian. But he's an old man now and into BMW touring rigs... one foot in the grave... like that other codger in Seattle....