Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 Victory Hard-Ball Review [Video] (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/19969-2012-victory-hard-ball-review-video.html)

Administrator 01-04-2012 10:03 AM

2012 Victory Hard-Ball Review [Video]

Original Article:
2012 Victory Hard-Ball Review [Video]

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 Victory Hard-Ball Review [Video] in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Matt7even 01-04-2012 01:09 PM

Thanks for the well done review and video tour! I agree with most of the points given but I don't know if I would beat up the Hardball too much for not being able to fit a "open faced" helmet in the saddlebags. I don't think I can recall any current cruisers on the market that can boast such a feat either without the addition of a trunk case. I think that's why half helmets have remained so popular with many cruiser riders.

Tom Roderick 01-04-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt7even (Post 272360)
Thanks for the well done review and video tour! I agree with most of the points given but I don't know if I would beat up the Hardball too much for not being able to fit a "open faced" helmet in the saddlebags. I don't think I can recall any current cruisers on the market that can boast such a feat either without the addition of a trunk case. I think that's why half helmets have remained so popular with many cruiser riders.

Thank you, Matt. The saddlebag width isn't a deal breaker, but Victory had an opportunity to make a better saddlebag. If other manufacturers were jumping off a bridge... Get what I mean? A quarter-inch more width and an open-face helmet would fit. You can't tell me a quarter-inch would destroy the bike's styling, therefore, it was a failure on Victory's part not to create a better design.

Buzglyd 01-04-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Roderick (Post 272362)
Thank you, Matt. The saddlebag width isn't a deal breaker, but Victory had an opportunity to make a better saddlebag. If other manufacturers were jumping off a bridge... Get what I mean? A quarter-inch more width and an open-face helmet would fit. You can't tell me a quarter-inch would destroy the bike's styling, therefore, it was a failure on Victory's part not to create a better design.

No, 1/4 inch would not destroy the bike's styling.

Too many other things already did.

The Spaceman 01-04-2012 02:03 PM

"Hard Ball?" Did they really have to name it "Hard Ball?" All I can think of is Chris Matthews blathering into a teevee camera.

"Eight Ball," sure, that works. I'd even go for "Black Ball," "High Ball..."

Tom Roderick 01-04-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 272364)
"Hard Ball?" Did they really have to name it "Hard Ball?" All I can think of is Chris Matthews blathering into a teevee camera.

"Eight Ball," sure, that works. I'd even go for "Black Ball," "High Ball..."

It's better than Blue-Ball.

12er 01-04-2012 02:41 PM

Quick, to the bat cycle...

jmdonald 01-04-2012 05:05 PM

I'll Pass

There is no accounting for taste. A good review for a bad bike.

Kevin_Duke 01-04-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 272363)
No, 1/4 inch would not destroy the bike's styling.

Too many other things already did.

I don't quite agree, but that's LOL funny!

The Spaceman 01-05-2012 05:08 AM

Will an open-face roast beef sandwich fit in the saddlebags?