Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2012, 05:24 AM   #11
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
Will an open-face roast beef sandwich fit in the saddlebags?
If you remove the pickle.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2012, 06:24 AM   #12
Auphliam
Founding Member
 
Auphliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Roderick View Post
Thank you, Matt. The saddlebag width isn't a deal breaker, but Victory had an opportunity to make a better saddlebag. If other manufacturers were jumping off a bridge... Get what I mean? A quarter-inch more width and an open-face helmet would fit. You can't tell me a quarter-inch would destroy the bike's styling, therefore, it was a failure on Victory's part not to create a better design.
I disagree. Its a bit heavy handed to hold them to a standard that no manufacturer has met. They developed bags that are better than any other cruiser on the market. I find it difficult to call the effort a failure because they didn't consider that you'd like to put an open face, 3/4 helmet in there. I mean, yeah they could have...but they also could have made them the same size as everybody else.

Good write up, though. As somebody that just purchased a '12 CCT (after much side by side comparison with the MoCo leading products), I have to say Vic is really on to something with these CORE bikes. If you actually ride one of these, you will be surprised by how nice a big bike can handle.

I was initially put off by the looks of this model, mostly because of the HUGE hype circus that proceeded its reveal, but I am starting to like it. Its starting to grow on me like mold LOL. Just can't get by that crazy price.

BTW, Vic will releasing a new model on Jan 20th in NYC. Judging by the teaser pics, looks to be a steel frame bike. We'll see.
__________________
Dream as if you may live forever ~ Live as if you might die tomorrow
Auphliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #13
The Spaceman
Registered Member
 
The Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
If you remove the pickle.
Who puts a pickle on an open-face roast beef sammich? You drench it with thick brown gravy, hopefully slopping some on the surrounding steak fries.

Californians...
__________________
318 curves in 11 miles."
The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #14
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
Who puts a pickle on an open-face roast beef sammich? You drench it with thick brown gravy, hopefully slopping some on the surrounding steak fries.

Californians...
I think the gravy will fit but you might have to limit the steak fries to a half order.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #15
Larry
Founding Member
 
Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 125
Default

Is that a radial tire in back and a bias ply up front? Spoke wheels and innertubes, really? Is there anything that looks more ridiculous than apes on a tourer?

Function taking a back seat to form. I'd save 3 grand and get one of these first:

__________________
Victory Kingpin
110" Stroker/Big bore
126 HP/134 TQ -- SAE
11.63 @ 115 mph -- 1/4 mile
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #16
schizuki
Founding Member
 
schizuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,030
Default

Well done, MO! The Photoshop work is fantastic - very convincing. My only concern is that many readers will be confused, what with April 1st being so far away.

I mean, seriously, The Onion couldn't have done better. Ape-hangers! That's great!
__________________
Reverēre meam auctōritātem

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #17
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
Who puts a pickle on an open-face roast beef sammich? You drench it with thick brown gravy, hopefully slopping some on the surrounding steak fries.

Californians...

They probably slather the whole thing with avacado and bean sprouts after exchanging the roast beef for tofu.

Flippin' weirdo's..
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Looks like Victory's new styling method is to take a Vision and pound it with various ugly sticks.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off