Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2012 Can-Am Spyder Roadsters Review [Video]

Original Article:
2012 Can-Am Spyder Roadsters Review [Video]

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 Can-Am Spyder Roadsters Review [Video] in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
12er
Founding Member

With Vic churning out whatever that new abomination is on the IMS story I understand how these are outselling them. Sad when the new American Motorcycle is out sold by a street legal snowmobile.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
With Vic churning out whatever that new abomination is on the IMS story I understand how these are outselling them. Sad when the new American Motorcycle is out sold by a street legal snowmobile.
And it makes you wonder why nobody ever thought of a "street snowmobile" before.

God bless capitalism.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
pushrod
Founding Member

It's only a matter of time before someone comes up with a Spyder/Ski-doo conversion kit.

I still can't see the allure of riding one of these things. I'd rather have a S2000 or even a Miata.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Maybe not

I have a friend that has an RT. He actually tried to position it as superior to any two wheel offering. I don't see it. I would like to try a leaning version if and when they come out with one.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:33 AM   #6
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
I have a friend that has an RT. He actually tried to position it as superior to any two wheel offering. I don't see it. I would like to try a leaning version if and when they come out with one.
This one leans! The wrong way...
Old 12-16-2011, 06:11 AM   #7
Buzglyd
Founding Member

They can wave all they want but I never wave back.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:27 AM   #8
pushrod
Founding Member

Oooooo!

That's cold, man!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #9
FatPossum44444
Registered Member

I find it amusing that the article is criticising the electronic intervention. Do you not know, MO, that these are built for people that are not able to ride a real motorcycle for one reason or another? Everyone I know that is interested in them is incapable of riding on 2 wheels; some because they are physically too small, some because they lack coordination, and some because they are getting too old to hold up a 600+ lb motorcycle. This is the "I can't quite ride a motorcycle" motorcycle. In my opinion, there are plenty of convertibles out there that offer some wind in your hair, more safety, and better performance for less money than this monstrosity. It figures that a dumbed-down motorcycle would sell in the US. The majority of the population is dumbed down at this point. Sad.
FatPossum44444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #10
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPossum44444 View Post
I find it amusing that the article is criticising the electronic intervention. Do you not know, MO, that these are built for people that are not able to ride a real motorcycle for one reason or another? Everyone I know that is interested in them is incapable of riding on 2 wheels; some because they are physically too small, some because they lack coordination, and some because they are getting too old to hold up a 600+ lb motorcycle. This is the "I can't quite ride a motorcycle" motorcycle. In my opinion, there are plenty of convertibles out there that offer some wind in your hair, more safety, and better performance for less money than this monstrosity. It figures that a dumbed-down motorcycle would sell in the US. The majority of the population is dumbed down at this point. Sad.
Some don't even know what paragraphs are.

El Stupido!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote