Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 Can-Am Spyder Roadsters Review [Video] (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/19934-2012-can-am-spyder-roadsters-review-video.html)

Administrator 12-15-2011 12:42 PM

2012 Can-Am Spyder Roadsters Review [Video]

Original Article:
2012 Can-Am Spyder Roadsters Review [Video]

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 Can-Am Spyder Roadsters Review [Video] in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

12er 12-15-2011 01:03 PM

With Vic churning out whatever that new abomination is on the IMS story I understand how these are outselling them. Sad when the new American Motorcycle is out sold by a street legal snowmobile.

schizuki 12-15-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 272079)
With Vic churning out whatever that new abomination is on the IMS story I understand how these are outselling them. Sad when the new American Motorcycle is out sold by a street legal snowmobile.

And it makes you wonder why nobody ever thought of a "street snowmobile" before.

God bless capitalism.

pushrod 12-15-2011 06:15 PM

It's only a matter of time before someone comes up with a Spyder/Ski-doo conversion kit.

I still can't see the allure of riding one of these things. I'd rather have a S2000 or even a Miata.

jmdonald 12-15-2011 08:45 PM

Maybe not

I have a friend that has an RT. He actually tried to position it as superior to any two wheel offering. I don't see it. I would like to try a leaning version if and when they come out with one.

Kevin_Duke 12-16-2011 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdonald (Post 272088)
I have a friend that has an RT. He actually tried to position it as superior to any two wheel offering. I don't see it. I would like to try a leaning version if and when they come out with one.

This one leans! The wrong way...

Buzglyd 12-16-2011 06:11 AM

They can wave all they want but I never wave back.

pushrod 12-16-2011 06:27 AM

Oooooo!

That's cold, man!

FatPossum44444 12-16-2011 09:55 AM

I find it amusing that the article is criticising the electronic intervention. Do you not know, MO, that these are built for people that are not able to ride a real motorcycle for one reason or another? Everyone I know that is interested in them is incapable of riding on 2 wheels; some because they are physically too small, some because they lack coordination, and some because they are getting too old to hold up a 600+ lb motorcycle. This is the "I can't quite ride a motorcycle" motorcycle. In my opinion, there are plenty of convertibles out there that offer some wind in your hair, more safety, and better performance for less money than this monstrosity. It figures that a dumbed-down motorcycle would sell in the US. The majority of the population is dumbed down at this point. Sad.

Buzglyd 12-16-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatPossum44444 (Post 272096)
I find it amusing that the article is criticising the electronic intervention. Do you not know, MO, that these are built for people that are not able to ride a real motorcycle for one reason or another? Everyone I know that is interested in them is incapable of riding on 2 wheels; some because they are physically too small, some because they lack coordination, and some because they are getting too old to hold up a 600+ lb motorcycle. This is the "I can't quite ride a motorcycle" motorcycle. In my opinion, there are plenty of convertibles out there that offer some wind in your hair, more safety, and better performance for less money than this monstrosity. It figures that a dumbed-down motorcycle would sell in the US. The majority of the population is dumbed down at this point. Sad.

Some don't even know what paragraphs are.

El Stupido!