Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/19724-2011-moto-guzzi-v7-racer-review.html)

Administrator 11-03-2011 03:06 PM

2011 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer Review

Original Article:
2011 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

schizuki 11-03-2011 06:12 PM

Very nice. Now make one with the Griso engine.

Dr_Sprocket 11-03-2011 06:15 PM

40-ish horsepower? From a modern 750 bike?! Yikes! My old Honda CB700 had at least 65 or 70 horsepower... and that was a 1985 bike!!

Kevin_Duke 11-03-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 269163)
40-ish horsepower? From a modern 750 bike?! Yikes! My old Honda CB700 had at least 65 or 70 horsepower... and that was a 1985 bike!!

Ah, the old Nighthawk S! After test riding one in 1985, that was almost my first bike! Haven't ridden one since. I wonder if I'd still like it...

The Spaceman 11-04-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 269163)
40-ish horsepower? From a modern 750 bike?!

But it's NOT a modern bike. It's a Moto Guzzi.

Nice story Mr. Duke. I've been seeing this bike here and there, and damn it is good looking. You could almost put up with the low power, but geez...you can't lean the thing? And over $10k OTD?

Now let's see, a twin-turbo setup from Mr. Turbo, intercooler, headers and cans, PC-V: 110HP for only $20k more!

Kevin_Duke 11-04-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 269221)
But it's NOT a modern bike. It's a Moto Guzzi.

Nice story Mr. Duke. I've been seeing this bike here and there, and damn it is good looking. You could almost put up with the low power, but geez...you can't lean the thing? And over $10k OTD?

Now let's see, a twin-turbo setup from Mr. Turbo, intercooler, headers and cans, PC-V: 110HP for only $20k more!

Well, the lean angle thing ain't a huge deal. Just bolt on a free-breathing aftermarket pipe, and then the sidestand will have more room to properly retract. Let me know how that turbo kit works out!

The Spaceman 11-04-2011 01:16 PM

A Guzzi with drag pipes...yeah!

The_AirHawk 11-04-2011 01:59 PM

The bike certainly LOOKS The Shiznit, Yo!

"Popeye's Chicken if F*&%in' AWESOME!"

schizuki 11-04-2011 09:22 PM

The Moto Guzzi V7 Racer sketch

Scene: A Moto Guzzi dealership.

JOHN CLEESE: I was sitting in the public library on Thurmon Street just now, skimming through "A Twist of the Wrist" by Keith Code, and I suddenly came over all sport-minded. So I curtailed my Coding activities, sallied forth, and infiltrated your place of purveyance to negotiate the vending of some speedy internal combustibles!

MICHAEL PALIN: Come again?

CLEESE: I want to buy a racebike!

PALIN: Well, certainly, sir! We've got the V7 Racer right here!

CLEESE: Excellent! Has it got much horsepower?

PALIN: No.

CLEESE: Hmmm. No matter, how about cornering clearance?

PALIN: Afraid not.

CLEESE: Braking?

PALIN: [casts his eyes about]: Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... single disc.

CLEESE: I see... [pause] ... It's not much of a "racer", is it?

PALIN: Finest in Italy!

CLEESE: Explain the logic underlying that conclusion, please.

PALIN: It's so cleanly styled, sir!

CLEESE: Well, it's certainly uncontaminated by performance.

[Cut to fish-slapping dance]

Kevin_Duke 11-05-2011 03:01 AM

Nicely done, schizuki!