Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 11-04-2011, 03:50 PM   #31
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlynch001 View Post
So is it a Twin or a Single? TEXT Says "single" Specs Say "Parallel Twin". I am betting Single from the really Low Rev Limit? ? ? Build it in a 250 and bring it to the USA. These will sell.
Oops! Yep, it's a Single. Maybe Yamaha would like to make it a 300cc parallel-Twin...

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #32
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Oops! Yep, it's a Single. Maybe Yamaha would like to make it a 300cc parallel-Twin...
A 325lb 300cc parallel twin would certainly be an improvement over a 300lb 150cc single.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:20 AM   #33
hsjrev
Founding Member

My wife's stupid Rav4 goes 0 to 60 in about 7 sec. I'd feel like a soccer ball waiting to get booted on a 14 sec bike in traffic.
hsjrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:17 AM   #34
Duken4evr
Founding Member

I saw a new Honda CBR250 the other day. The rider was obviously new - wandering a bit in the lane and riding "tenatively" about 5 mph below the speed limit on an open country road.

So I dropped back a bit, when traffic cleared and it was safe, did a nice 10,000 rpm high speed flyby on the FZ1, Akra pipe merrily singing that awesome song I know and love. A few seconds later, the wee Honda was a mere dot on the horizon. Dropped back to the normal country road 15 over the limit radar detector on watch riding mode. Total squid move I know. Should be ashamed of myself. It was too much fun though

Back to this bike, wondering why a liquid cooled wee twin like this peaks at 8,500 and only revs to 10,000? Seems like this engine config should at least match the Ninja's 14,000 rpm capabilities. If they want more torque for newbies, make it a single like the little Honda CBR.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #35
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
I saw a new Honda CBR250 the other day. The rider was obviously new - wandering a bit in the lane and riding "tenatively" about 5 mph below the speed limit on an open country road.

So I dropped back a bit, when traffic cleared and it was safe, did a nice 10,000 rpm high speed flyby on the FZ1, Akra pipe merrily singing that awesome song I know and love. A few seconds later, the wee Honda was a mere dot on the horizon. Dropped back to the normal country road 15 over the limit radar detector on watch riding mode. Total squid move I know. Should be ashamed of myself. It was too much fun though

Back to this bike, wondering why a liquid cooled wee twin like this peaks at 8,500 and only revs to 10,000? Seems like this engine config should at least match the Ninja's 14,000 rpm capabilities. If they want more torque for newbies, make it a single like the little Honda CBR.
Um, the R15 isn't a Twin, despite what the spec chart might say...
Old 11-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #36
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Um, the R15 isn't a Twin, despite what the spec chart might say...
It could still spin as fast as a 600.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:17 PM   #37
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
It could still spin as fast as a 600.
Well, it could if it were as oversquare as a 600. The R6 has a bore/stroke of 67.0 x 42.5mm; the R15: 57.0 x 58.7mm. Not to mention tuning, which the R15 is designed to deliver greater power at more accessible revs.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:52 AM   #38
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Well, it could if it were as oversquare as a 600. The R6 has a bore/stroke of 67.0 x 42.5mm; the R15: 57.0 x 58.7mm. Not to mention tuning, which the R15 is designed to deliver greater power at more accessible revs.
True, but since the bike is sold as a race replica you'd think they'd go for a design with more top end power.